overdrive pedal

+1 for the krankshaft.

After buying one out I sold both my maxon od808 and my modded ts-9. It is pretty much the tubescreamer schematic with a few tweaks, great quality parts, and true bypass. It does a great job tightening the low end increasing clarity(a lot) and it is extremely transparent(which is very necessary for boosting).

Wait... it tightens the low end and increases clarity, but it's transparent? Transparent usually means that the tone is changed very little...

Jeff

Haha so if its totally transparent its basically useless :p I thought its like...it dosent colour the sound in a negative way.

ochants, im interested in this Krank Shaft, could you do a little clip of it or direct me to one you have maybe done previously? :headbang:

When I think of colored sound I think more along the lines of muddiness...Like it doesn't necessarily "distort" the sound any more...I wouldn't consider tightening the response as coloring. Hard to explain without clips...I will see if I can get some comparison clips up here sometime soon. Perhaps I should say..natural or organic boost?

Like I said...it is pretty much a tubescreamer style with a few unique modifications. So what you get from a od/ts-9 or 808...you get from this but it seems to add some clarity that I didn't get from my ts-9 and od-808. It is definitely something to try...even though it has the evil krank logo on it :rolleyes:

I apologize for my lack of ability to portray sounds through words. :loco:

wondertone has some crappy clips of it...but not as a boost(which is what most people want to hear).
http://www.wondertone.co.jp/products/krank_soundclip_4.htm

Yeah, normally people just refer to that as being muddied or darkened. Natural would also tend to imply a flatter boost, so it's hard to do these things.

I suggest that you pick up a TS-7 or two and start tinkering - they're cheap and laid out all right, they're easy to mod, and it's a good way to get even more of what you want. I do that kind of thing for my own amusement, as do a number of other people here, shoot me a message if you want to know about the stuff.

Jeff

Another option would be to buy a kit. There are a ton of them out there and many of them have true bypass and better parts than real ones for a lot cheaper.

When I think of colored sound I think more along the lines of muddiness...Like it doesn't necessarily "distort" the sound any more...I wouldn't consider tightening the response as coloring. Hard to explain without clips...I will see if I can get some comparison clips up here sometime soon. Perhaps I should say..natural or organic boost?

Like I said...it is pretty much a tubescreamer style with a few unique modifications. So what you get from a od/ts-9 or 808...you get from this but it seems to add some clarity that I didn't get from my ts-9 and od-808. It is definitely something to try...even though it has the evil krank logo on it :rolleyes:

I apologize for my lack of ability to portray sounds through words. :loco:

wondertone has some crappy clips of it...but not as a boost(which is what most people want to hear).
http://www.wondertone.co.jp/products/krank_soundclip_4.htm

you were allready writing about it on the Krank-Forum werent you? ;)

Just for general information purposes... EVERYTHING has a fucking goddamn 4558 now. Someone thought it would be a good idea to induce demand by making it sound like they were the holy grail of all things to ever grace a stompbox, and even past the double-blind tests that contradicted all of this 'mojo' bullshit everyone just loves paying - and charging - $50 more for that one shitty Japanese radio chip.

[/gear rant]

That pedal will work, seems to be the norm around here.

Jeff