Pedal Suggestion?

But it makes your guitar sound so artificial, it's not a natural guitar sound, and to be honest it just sounds pretty nu-metalish.

So what if your amp sounds "Nu-Metalish"? If you're complaining about an amp, because it sounds like a band that you don't like, then you're just being a baby. IMO, the guitar playing may be shitty, but some Nu-Metal bands do have a great guitar sound. Linkin Park's guitarrist sucks big fat monkeyballs, but his amp sounds great.

I'd still rather have an amp that sounds like a robot than an amp with a 2000 year old speaker.

Ptah Khnemu said:
I'd still rather have an amp that sounds like a robot than an amp with a 2000 year old speaker.
that's your preference.

i'd rather have an amp that takes in a continuous waveform and puts out a continuous waveform, or as near to it as possible. discrete time signal = :puke:
11graphs.gif

it's all about the smooth curve of a tube's response as it gets pushed into saturation vs the transistor's simple "1" vs "0". They amplify different harmonics too.

I have to go to class, so it's up to you to find a picture of the second and 3rd points, but I assure you that there is tons of info out there on this major difference.