Overkill thread. Because it's obligatory.

Jean-Pierre

Son of The Bitch
Jun 27, 2004
Detroit, MI
Well, I was listening to ReliXIV today, and I realized that the album is really fucking good. And that's what this thread is for, to share your opinions on ReliXIV and where it ranks for your favourite Overkill album. My list is as follows:

1. Taking Over
2. Years of Decay
3. Feel the Fire
4. Horrorscope
5. Under The Influence
6. The Killing Kind
7. Bloodletting
8. ReliXIV

I had previously not liked the album that much, but damn did it ever grow on me big time. One of their most inspired, energetic, and overall fun records in a longass time. OVERKILL WILL NEVER DIE!!!

Feel The Fire
Taking Over
The Years Of Decay
Horrorscope
Under The Influence

Unfortunately, the band broke up after these five albums.

AsModEe said:
it's still pretty low on your list though

Out of 14 albums? Yeah, it may seem so, but I think you're underestimating just how GOOD those other albums are, especially the first 5.

I haven't heard the new one yet but I'm leaning towards Taking Over as my favourite... NO SINGLE SONG beats Overkill (das first one) though. Fucking creepy and kickass.

Jean-Pierre said:
Out of 14 albums? Yeah, it may seem so, but I think you're underestimating just how GOOD those other albums are, especially the first 5.
Probably, I haven't listened to a lot of Overkill albums. Not my exact type of stuff.

fotmbm said:
I haven't heard the new one yet but I'm leaning towards Taking Over as my favourite... NO SINGLE SONG beats Overkill (das first one) though. Fucking creepy and kickass.

DENY THE MOTHERFUCKING CROSS. Enough said.

Krigloch the Furious said:
thrash = meh

The Iron Maiden is ready...

200px-Iron_Maiden_of_Nuremberg.jpg

1. Horrorscope
2. Feel the Fire
3. Under the Influence
4. Bloodletting
5. Taking Over
6. Necroshine
7. The Years of Decay

i didn't think relix was that great after listening a couple times.....but i'll give it another chance

Life Sucks said:
I haven't heard all their material, but I find Horrorscope to be my favorite so far. I'm listening to The Years of Decay Right now.

That's my favorite out of all that I've heard (Years of Decay).

Feel the Fire
Taking Over
Under the Influnce

that's it.

Overkill gets a big thumbs up. They are one of the most consitant ass kickers in metal. I enjoy them all but don't fell like ranking them all right now.

Favorite albums would be Horroscope,Killbox13,The Killing King,Bloodletting and From The Underground & Below. The guitar line up change's have been for the better IMO.

Wrecking Crreeewwww!!!!

Found the Wrecking Everything DVD for $10 Australian!!!!

Life Sucks said:
I haven't heard all their material, but I find Horrorscope to be my favorite so far. I'm listening to The Years of Decay Right now.

Yes, I havent heard all their material. The vocals are little too high-pitched but they're pretty good thrash.

Jean-Pierre said:
DENY THE MOTHERFUCKING CROSS. Enough said.
That's all well and good, and then, then, OVER-KILL! SEALS YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!! WHO CAN TELL ME WHO I AM, AM I OVERKILL EACH DEATH A SIN? QUESTIONS LINGER AS I WALK THE PATH I AM OVERKILL THE DEVIL'S WRAAAAAAAAAATH!!! and Deny the Cross, awesome as it is, lies bleeding on the sidewalk.