Overkill thread. Because it's obligatory.

I agree with all of you that the first 5 Overkill albums are no doubt legendary. However, to me, the coolest thing about Overkill is how they are able to constantly evolve and update their sound and trademark style while still being without a doubt "Overkill". They are one of the few bands that can simultaneaously stay true to their roots while still keeping up with current bands.

I personally really get into a lot of their newer albums like Bloodletting, Killbox 13, ReliXIV, and From the Underground and Below. I think that this has a lot to do with the quality of the production and the drumming of Tim Mallare. The sound that Colin Richardson achieves with the band is in my opinion some of the best in Metal. Their sound has become so massive and powerful, yet unbelievably clear that it makes the older albums (as great as they are) somewhat difficult to listen to. Either way, Overkill is a AWESOME band and are no doubt some of the hardest working guys in Metal. I look forward to each release and tour and hope they continue for another 20 years!!!

MURAI said:
Yes, I havent heard all their material. The vocals are little too high-pitched but they're pretty good thrash.
Yeah, the vocals are indeed very high pitched. It took me a while to get used to them. Before, I had already been listening to lots of German thrash, which has high pitched vocals, but those vocals are high and aggressive, while Overkill's are high and clean. Now, Bobby's vocals have grown on me, and I don't mind them at all. The thing that makes Overkill great are the riffs, though.

Haven't listened to Relix that much. I'll get around to it.

Years of Decay is probably my favorite album. Best Overkill song = Gasoline Dream. HOLY SHIT THAT FUCKER'S HEAVY.

Danimal wrote a nice-little mini-essay there. I'm just gonna say "I agree," therefore saving myself from any explanation more complicated than "OVERKILL FUCKING RUINS YOUR SHIT YOU POSEUR BITCHES."

Mallare might be out, though. At least temporarily. The drummer from Hades is filling in for Overkill's Euro tour.

Richardson is good at making awesome bands sound fucking legendary.

And I Hear Black ain't half bad, either.

Necroshine is my least favorite one. Overkill has a lot of albums with different line ups. Atleast check out a few to base your opinion on.

Early stuff:
Horrorscope
The Years of Decay
Under The Influence

Newer:
Killbox 13
Bloodletting
Killing Kind

The Greys said:
Necroshine is my least favorite one. Overkill has a lot of albums with different line ups. Atleast check out a few to base your opinion on.

Early stuff:
Horrorscope
The Years of Decay
Under The Influence

Newer:
Killbox 13
Bloodletting
Killing Kind

Yep, this guy's got it straight.