Own Pictures Thread

Tyr was simply excellent, Elvina was right:

4268093244_39e67e15ce.jpg

And Tyr's guitar player was SO drunk, first time I see anyone from a band like that hehe. Very funny to see him tumbling the whole time whilst trying to walk :lol: :

4268093242_30b196098c.jpg
awesome! :lol::lol: i'm glad you liked Týr! Yeah Terji is well known for his drinking habits. There were times that he was so drunk on stage that he tried to take his pants off and show his winky to the audience :lol: didn't he try to kiss you when that picture was taken? :D

awesome! :lol::lol: i'm glad you liked Týr! Yeah Terji is well known for his drinking habits. There were times that he was so drunk on stage that he tried to take his pants off and show his winky to the audience :lol: didn't he try to kiss you when that picture was taken? :D

he was drunk too when i saw them.
he had two bottles in hand outside the venue. one was coke, the other was rhum....he was doing a cuba libre mixing the two drinks in his stomach :lol:.
and he was offering them to everybody (well we was about 10 people) :headbang:

Are you in Toronto right now??

Check P.M. :) .

Yeah Týr was excellent, I was kind of pissed because nobody liked them. There were three bands, but most of the kids seemed to be there for Korpiklaani. To be honest, the Toronto metal scene sucks, or at least the people who follow it. I either saw they typical Viking wanna-be, or some kids who knew naught about music. Hopefully the Montréal one is better :) .

Hahaha well Terji did go on stage during the end of Korpi's gig, he started giving (Vodka) to all the members and danced with the vocalist :lol: .

Yeah Týr was excellent, I was kind of pissed because nobody liked them. There were three bands, but most of the kids seemed to be there for Korpiklaani. To be honest, the Toronto metal scene sucks, or at least the people who follow it. I either saw they typical Viking wanna-be, or some kids who knew naught about music. Hopefully the Montréal one is better :) .

What? WHAT??! That is madness. How could anyone not like Týr? :zombie:

At least in Seattle, there seems to be a decent contingent that loves Týr; they had a decent crowd when they played a headlining show here last time. I hope they're not drowned out by bored korpiheads who only want to get drunk and dance around.

Týr is awesome, White Wizzard is awesome, Korpiklaani's got some good songs (the stuff that's more straight folk than it is HERP DERP LETS GET DRUNK, ya know like Tuli Kokko), and Swashbuckle sucks. They suck so much. SO MUCH.

And just to stay on topic, here's a picture of my hand with a chainmail bracelet I made the other day.

chainmaildragonback1.jpg

What? WHAT??! That is madness. How could anyone not like Týr? :zombie:

At least in Seattle, there seems to be a decent contingent that loves Týr; they had a decent crowd when they played a headlining show here last time. I hope they're not drowned out by bored korpiheads who only want to get drunk and dance around.

Yeah I know! But it was more that they 'didn't know the band' than 'don't like'.

Týr is awesome, White Wizzard is awesome, Korpiklaani's got some good songs (the stuff that's more straight folk than it is HERP DERP LETS GET DRUNK, ya know like Tuli Kokko), and Swashbuckle sucks. They suck so much. SO MUCH.

And just to stay on topic, here's a picture of my hand with a chainmail bracelet I made the other day.

Yeah White Wizzard is very good!!! Not very similar to the bands of the tour, but they're good.

Old Korpi (old being 2003-4) is very good.

I liekd Swashbuckle, pretty normal death/black thrash (musically speaking), but the pirate themes are a nice touch. I enjoyed more their concert than Korpi's.

Hey I even got a shirt that says 'Splash Zone' :lol: I'll post some pics later.

Okay, finally, i`m going to make myself pretty unpopular here ;), because:

- I hate Korpkilaani, Been on 4 gigs where they´ve played, too and left the hall everytime. Just cant stand this. Neither Finntroll, Eluveiti, Equilibrium,... whatever.
- dont like anything TYR released after "Eric The Red" (the first time of course, around 2002/03 (?) )
- Swashbuckle suck. Dont understand this pirate/dancing/drinkin - Metal stuff at all. Alestorm suck, too.

JM2C

- I hate Korpkilaani, Been on 4 gigs where they´ve played, too and left the hall everytime. Just cant stand this. Neither Finntroll, Eluveiti, Equilibrium,... whatever.
- dont like anything TYR released after "Eric The Red" (the first time of course, around 2002/03 (?) )
- Swashbuckle suck. Dont understand this pirate/dancing/drinkin - Metal stuff at all. Alestorm suck, too.

JM2C

I think almost the same, with the difference that I dont like TYR at all and I like a couple of tracks from Finntroll's Jaktens Tid. Honestly, I dont like 'happy' folk metal bands AT ALL, being Otyg the only exception. I like folk mixed with black and/or doom, like old Ulver, Vintersorg, Empyrium, etx and the acoustic bands like Tenhi, Váli, Nebelung and such.

edit: I hate Korpi, really.

JM2C
:lol: oh my, that cracked me up!
1) i don't hate Korpi, i've seen them like 3 or 4 times (every time because of Týr :p) and left the hall every time, too. They're just boring to me. But have to confess i've never heard their studio records.
I used to like Eluveitie a lot 3-4 years ago, when they were less popular and more metal. Now i don't care much.
Equilibrium is even more boring than Korpiklaani.
2) Agreed that Eric The Red is Týr's best record. It's just brilliant (if you take away Rainbow Warrior)! However, i really like Ragnarok too, Land is ok, but i'm one of the very few fans who really hate their 2009 release, By the Light of the Northern Star. :ill:
3) Alestorm suck. Mostly because they don't even take themselves seriously. Swachbuckle i'm not familiar with.

so see for yourself: you're not the only one ;)

:lol: oh my, that cracked me up!
1) i don't hate Korpi, i've seen them like 3 or 4 times (every time because of Týr :p) and left the hall every time, too. They're just boring to me. But have to confess i've never heard their studio records.
I used to like Eluveitie a lot 3-4 years ago, when they were less popular and more metal. Now i don't care much.
Equilibrium is even more boring than Korpiklaani.
2) Agreed that Eric The Red is Týr's best record. It's just brilliant (if you take away Rainbow Warrior)! However, i really like Ragnarok too, Land is ok, but i'm one of the very few fans who really hate their 2009 release, By the Light of the Northern Star. :ill:
3) Alestorm suck. Mostly because they don't even take themselves seriously. Swachbuckle i'm not familiar with.

so see for yourself: you're not the only one ;)

The only thing I like about Alestorm is that they don't take themselves seriously. The music fits at parties, but I wouldn't listen to it at home or on my way to work.

JM2C

You won't be as unpopular as me.
I just hate metal overall minus one or two bands.

JM2C

Ah hahaha well Finntroll's very good IMO, but yeah Korpi, in general pretty much sucks.