Own Pictures

And gargamel is his name in dutch, him being the arch-enemy of 'De smurfen', which als had a spinoff cartoon series called 'Johan en Pierewiet' iirc.

EDIT: I have to correct myself. Johan en Pierewit came first. De smurfen spinned off from that.

According to wikipedia, his name in English is indeed Gargamel. I had a hesitation cause "Smurf" isn't trans linguistic apparently since we say "Schtroumpfs" in French, which phonetically would be "shtroompf" in English. ;)

It's funny, smurfspeak translates well in a babytalk sort of way.

I know it's pitufos in Spanish, barrufets in Catalan, and Puffi in Italian.

Then another comic series made a pun of the smurfs...
And there's the Terry Pratchett Pictsies as well.

Except that they'll ruin decades of smurf history by doing the smurfs in Manhattan.

Well, they did that to Les Visiteurs... which wasn't a childhood memory, like the Smurfs were, but nonetheless...

Hagg, Azrael was the same in Spanish, and seeing how it's an archangel's name is probably the same everywhere.

Hey Gnoff..i saw you at sonisphere..i recognized your smurf tattoo..you where watching slayer..couldn´t get to you to say hi..

this thread needs more of these;

AcrosstheStates0704-182010501.jpg

AcrosstheStates20704-182010773160.jpg

Pretty sweet.

I think I read the wikipedia page about a month ago for that specific geological formation in your first pic :p