Paradise Lost - my story so far....

musictester

New Metal Member
Jul 6, 2007
Listening to the album I've begun to paint a picture in my head of the story based on the music and the images on the album.

In song-by-song format:

1. Oculus ex Inferni - A great battle rages...At the top of a hill overlooking the battlefield a high wizard of Babalon (named Magus) watches his fellow soldiers face incredible odds. He casts a spell that will end the battle at the cost of many of his own people's lives. What's left of the enemy is easily picked apart by the remaining Babalon angel warriors.

2. Set the World on Fire - Back in Babalon the high council is infuriated by Magus's actions and exiles him forever from the Paradise city that is Babalon. Before he leaves he makes a speach telling his follows in the army that the council of Babalon will be their downfall. He promises a better world without the pety laws of Babalon's council. Unfortunately a good portion of Babalon's army agrees and goes with Magus.

3. Domination - Hate and spite quickly corrupt Magus and his army. Magus uses his magic to turn his warriors into the hellspawn seen on the album's artwork. He then turns his attentions to building his army further and begins warrior with Babalon.

Thats what I've got so far...I'm working out the details for the other songs.

Ummm...Just so you know:

"Paradise Lost is an epic poem in blank verse by the 17th-century English poet John Milton. It was originally published in 1667. The poem concerns the story of the Fall of Man: the temptation of Adam and Eve by Satan and their expulsion from the Garden of Eden. Milton's purpose, stated in Book I, is "to justify the ways of God to men" (l. 26) and elucidate the conflict between His eternal foresight and free will."

But, please...continue, just please use "Babylon!" :rolleyes:

Ummm...Just so you know:

"Paradise Lost is an epic poem in blank verse by the 17th-century English poet John Milton. It was originally published in 1667. The poem concerns the story of the Fall of Man: the temptation of Adam and Eve by Satan and their expulsion from the Garden of Eden. Milton's purpose, stated in Book I, is "to justify the ways of God to men" (l. 26) and elucidate the conflict between His eternal foresight and free will."

But, please...continue, just please use "Babylon!" :rolleyes:

OMFG none of us knew this! Yay for needlessly posting something for the 100651306356th time!!!!1111one!two!!!!!11

tmagus001.gif
That's Magus

OMFG none of us knew this! Yay for needlessly posting something for the 100651306356th time!!!!1111one!two!!!!!11

True, true, true...however our thread-starter apparently didn't read any of those 10065130355 previous posts and gave us his little take on Paradise Lost. It would also seem that he thinks "Milton" is a poster on this board. :lol: At any rate, I thought I'd set him straight, thanks for being a jerk! ;) You apparently didn't read this post from the start. :Smug:

So are you trying to say that this Milton guy heard the new Symphony X album, went back in time to the 17th century (most likely via a DeLorean), and wrote an epic poem based on it?