Story of Divine Wings / Paradise Lost

Jun 9, 2007
I was thinking just before, and I heard someone here say that Paradise Lost's concept is sort of a prequel to Divine Wings, which makes sense.

I was thinking, is the narrator of Divine Wings Satan?

No, I know about Paradise Lost, and I sort of know the story. I am just curious to know who is telling in Divine Wings of Tragedy.

i'm gonna go ahead and say i think you are all wrong!!!

i think the narrator in DWoT is rather god/jesus

"eternal is my pain" like gods pain for seeing his children fall to temptation.

"mortals embraced thunder and majesty, their fate lays in our hands." because god would presumably be the one in control of the fate of mortals.

"i will devise a dark and vengeful day." pretty sure this refers to the wrath of god.

"this empty soul cries out one final plea." like gods patience has finally worn out, and he is making one last plea that people repent.

big one here "in disguise, you'll feel the wrath devine" satan is hardly divine, and this suggests to me its gods wrath disguised as things like plague and war and whatnot, like 4 horsemen stuff.

"standing on the edge of paradise, I sacrifice my truth and loyalty." god would be the one standing on the edge of paradise, like satan would be allowed that close :D and sacrificing loyalty is finally giving up on those mortals whom he had given a chance for so long.

"the warrior brings judgement without compassion..." god and only god brings judgement.

antoher big one "the prince of truth now the bringer of war" i can only imagine the prince of truth is jesus who is now leading gods armies at the battle of armageddon.

"looking out on a blue sky, I can see a new world arrising" satan should have been destroyed after the creation of the new paradise.

"My paradise has begun" yeah gods paradise, satan doesn't have a paradise.

and you know putting all that aside, when it comes to singing, Russel is God anyway, so it should be obvious right? :D

Are you taking into account that lucifer/satan is a fallen angel, who was once among the heavens, and was cast out by god?

"eternal is my pain" Lucifer's disagreement with god perhaps?

"i will devise a dark and vengeful day." I'm pretty sure this refers to lucifer's rebellion against god "The War of Heaven".

"in disguise, you'll feel the wrath devine" Well, Satan/Lucifer can be viewed as divine, given he was an archangel. ;)

"My paradise has begun" SATAN/LUCIFER's idea of what qualifies as a "paradise"

Of course, the song IS open to individual interpretation, so noone can really say what's correct or not... as far as we know, it could be a song about competing fast food chains.

Like most artists/songwriters, I'm sure the band's stance would be "it's up to the listener's interpretation". :p

That's the point, if not it will be so boring.:yuk:

I think of songs like masterpieces, in this case you get to listen to them. That's why I read about the "concept" of an album, I just analyze the lyrics and draw my own conclusions.:headbang:

The narrator is Lucifer. "Eternal is my pain" is because he's forever banished from heaven. Read.

gods pain would be eternal for having to destroy the lives of the children that he loves because they would not repent and believe.

so yeah, its clearly debateable and good points both ways.

still, i'm pretty sure since in the end we all know that god is supposed to triumph over evil, that the one singing "my paradise has begun" is likely from the point of view of god or jesus or something like that.

or perhaps there are multiple narrators...

anyway, i like the discussion, i find it interesting.

I highly doubt that the narrator is god. But I don't really care about what you think. I already have made my own conclusion.