Paradise Lost Samples

They weren't kidding about a heavier sound, were they? While the shit sounds pretty awesome for a metal band, this doesn't seem like an album for fans of songs like Communion and the Oracle and Through the Looking Glass.

Yes, and that is so sad....

I dont want a heavier SymphonyX

Russell´s voice sounds mmmm sounds unusual IMO

I don't want to brag or anything but... what do you Aussies know about drinking? Come to Finland and I bet we'll have a blast.

And yes, this was meant to be a provocative post.

Ps. Actually my comment fails in all its wittyness, and that is because two of the hardest drinking men I've ever seen were Aussies. But I will still stand tall and promote the view that the Finns are the world's toughest drinkers!

Hmm, they're heading to heavier stuff, sounds very promising tho. Romeo's guitar sound is heavier/fuller or maybe the production has more edge than the previous records? Anyway, those clips were too short to tell.

Can't wait!

I don't want to brag or anything but... what do you Aussies know about drinking? Come to Finland and I bet we'll have a blast.

And yes, this was meant to be a provocative post.

Ps. Actually my comment fails in all its wittyness, and that is because two of the hardest drinking men I've ever seen were Aussies. But I will still stand tall and promote the view that the Finns are the world's toughest drinkers!

Hey dude... lets stop by a bottleO... we'll have a hell of a night/morning after/night after/morning after again! ;)

I can't believe you guys just basically let everyone on the forum know you pirated the album. It is not even that I care that much as I know you will still be buying it in the end, but, after Jax posting so strictly about not talking anything about the leak you still came out and said all.

Oh well, I don't feel like being a preacher about all this I was just so shocked to see you guys say these things after such strict rules were put in place over this subject.

Personally, I think it's hypocritical that you can't even talk about the leak in here, but when it comes to other bands' leaks like Kamelot or Iced Earth, it's completely fair game.

That said, I enjoyed the "samples", but thought there was a little too much Dream Theater-esque wankery in there.

I am definately not disagreeing with you on that idea. I am just saying that I couldn't believe that after these strict rules were put in place they still basically came out and said they have the leak of the album.

Oh man this place is going to be hell for the next 2 months...lol

however it 'seems', from the "samples" that russ' voice is alot grittier on this one, not as many of his soaring clean moments that he had on other albums, not a good thing because i LOVE that style over the grittier style. !!

i have to agree that I would miss russ's clean vocals big time if they are not prevalent on thsi new album... the vocals i heard on the clips were impressive from a technical standpoint, but it also seemed it was just all grit and not as much dynamic as i think we are used to with russ...

of course we only heard like 30 seconds of each song, so there is still tonnes of potential for that dynamic to come into play, I'm sure the album will kick ass, but I don't think the clips they chose really display what SX is capable, and therefore they are probably far from the best parts of the album... more just to say "look, there IS actually new SX material!!!"

i have to agree that I would miss russ's clean vocals big time if they are not prevalent on thsi new album... the vocals i heard on the clips were impressive from a technical standpoint, but it also seemed it was just all grit and not as much dynamic as i think we are used to with russ...

of course we only heard like 30 seconds of each song, so there is still tonnes of potential for that dynamic to come into play, I'm sure the album will kick ass, but I don't think the clips they chose really display what SX is capable, and therefore they are probably far from the best parts of the album... more just to say "look, there IS actually new SX material!!!"

Russell's 'clean' voice is still used plenty, that much isn't an issue. I think the gritty vocals were most prevelent in the first two songs (2nd and 3rd tracks), but they're still there later too.

Personally, I think it's hypocritical that you can't even talk about the leak in here, but when it comes to other bands' leaks like Kamelot or Iced Earth, it's completely fair game.

That was a lesson learned years ago while trying to enforce the same rules for other bands (and losing members who didn't like those rules, and chose to leave)..those same bands' forums (no, I won't mention names) went on to permit/encourage discussion and sharing of stolen SymX prerelease music. At that point, it became every band for itself..now my only concern is the band I work for, the rest are on their own. I'm happy to try & help others out, but when they turn around & screw me in return, then they get nothing further from me.

That said, let's try to refrain from judging the cd by a few brief samples..that's ridiculous. And those who stole the cd need to keep their reviews to themselves, as the band requested, or we'll bid you adieu until June 26th.

Heard the samples, and it sounds really awesome from what i can tell, but im going to have to wait until the 26th, I really get more satisfaction having the actual cd and reading along with the lyrics/looking at the album art with my first listen. Oh and it has only been 5 years, and this will be my first new Sym X release that I will buy the day it comes out, should be fun waiting in front of Best Buy or wherever with my best friend (huge Sym X fan as well) just dying to hear this album.