Paradise Lost Samples

I think it sounds good. Yes, it seems like Russel isn't doing so many clean vocals with this album, which is too bad, but the grit vocals are among the best grit vocals I've ever heard from anyone. Hard to judge by samples though... I'd say riffs sound cool and dark.

I also believe that this album will propably get Sym X a lot more new fans. I played these samples to my friend who listens a lot of bands like, say... Killswich, In Flames and Disturped I think.and has never liked Sym X too much. And he actually thought this stuff sounds really good.

It always strikes me as funny whenever I read metal fans complaining about something being too heavy or too gritty...

For me it is funnier when I hear so much complaints about bands that have the same sounding albums or same sound all the time, and the minute they change people complain about them changing there ways and want them to make songs that sound like another song.

For me it is funnier when I hear so much complaints about bands that have the same sounding albums or same sound all the time, and the minute they change people complain about them changing there ways and want them to make songs that sound like another song.
Its more about his choice of when he uses the heavy vox. Well imo it was. Some parts would have been better suited to clean.

It always strikes me as funny whenever I read metal fans complaining about something being too heavy or too gritty...

Terrible point. It depends on what your preferences are. If you lean more toward dark/black/death metal...then yes you would find it funny. But, if you're more into melodic/lite prog metal then the indifference is substantiated.

Terrible point. It depends on what your preferences are. If you lean more toward dark/black/death metal...then yes you would find it funny. But, if you're more into melodic/lite prog metal then the indifference is substantiated.

It depends on the band too... Symphony X and Cannibal Corpse are two very different bands. :p

Not a terrible point, especially since people are whining about a prog band progressing. Hilarious. As long as what the band is doing is done well within the "confinements" of the genre I don't see why people are having a fit.

:lol:, i remember when you used to bitch at me because i stopped listening to a lot of power metally stuff and went towards black/death metal. You're cute moliti.

God, that's like saying the difference between metal and smooth jazz. Might as well go buy a kenny g cd.

And it's like you guys are talking about death growls... Russ is still singing. I understand there's a different sound, but still... eh, whatever.

You`re so right. People want everything to change in a way where nothing changes.

About the "samples". If people have liked Symphony X this far they will like this album also. The songs prove that SX write first and foremost good songs (not just riff collections with random instrumental sections in between) and if you got that part of the album right you have to work really hard to ruin it. As always, some people will whine (as they have already) the album being too heavy and too this and that. Well, the album has all the elements that has made SX popular, only the proportions of the different elements vary. Rest assured, the guys won`t turn into Lamb Of God or Willie Nelson overnight (artists not mentioned in bashing purposes). This will be once again an amazing musical journey and at least I`m pleased.

You`re so right. People want everything to change in a way where nothing changes.

About the "samples". If people have liked Symphony X this far they will like this album also. The songs prove that SX write first and foremost good songs (not just riff collections with random instrumental sections in between) and if you got that part of the album right you have to work really hard to ruin it. As always, some people will whine (as they have already) the album being too heavy and too this and that. Well, the album has all the elements that has made SX popular, only the proportions of the different elements vary. Rest assured, the guys won`t turn into Lamb Of God or Willie Nelson overnight (artists not mentioned in bashing purposes). This will be once again an amazing musical journey and at least I`m pleased.

Well, you SHOULD be bashing Lamb of God. Those guys suck. But since you're new around here and i already know i'm going to manlove the hell out of you, i might mention the rules... yeah, go ahead and read some o thems stickys. I don't say it to be a dick, i say it out of manlove.

Agree'd about the changing thing too. People = dumbasses.