Paradise Lost Samples

hmm, I have no problem with the heavyness, but as said, there are already a lot of great bands like this. I love the samples and I will probably like the whole album but it's mostly not Symphony X anymore, what makes me a bit disappointed. I don't want to say that I hate changes, they came with every new album and were not bad at all. But they seem to be less original. The great neoclassic and symphonic compositions now sound like Adagio,e.g. And I find it really questionable if they always have to increase the harshness of Russ' voice with every album now...

But nevertheless I like the samples, I just don't see that much Symphony X in it

Yeah, his harsh voice is fucking awesome, that's fact. But his 'clean' vocals were fucking awesome. I think they should continue to do both styles!

I don't understand calling them "harsh" vocals. Some people are acting like the difference between Russell on this album and Russell on the other albums is identical to the difference between Opeth's clean vocals and Opeth's growly vocals. That is just insane.

4kybc5e.jpg

lol what a fag... who are you? the forum police?

anyway, i'm out... i just came here to say the sample was great.

edit: yes, i posted without my sig, so you don't cry about it.

sorry :/ no I'm not the forum police, just reacted at your leornado-sized signature. someone would have said something sooner or later anyway. no need for name calling :(

I don't understand calling them "harsh" vocals. Some people are acting like the difference between Russell on this album and Russell on the other albums is identical to the difference between Opeth's clean vocals and Opeth's growly vocals. That is just insane.

No, that's your interpretation of what I, or anyone else means by "harsh"... note I did not say death vocals. Call them "harsh", "aggressive", "overdriven", "whatever", you know what is it meant by it.

And it's not like I disagree with the style change... it still sounds great, if anyone can do "harsh" vocals, still have good definition, and kick ass, it's Russell. But his "clean" vocals on previous works are nothing short of amazing/beautiful/inspiring. I'd very much like to hear a balance of both styles! Of course, there are such vocals from what I've heard, but yeah.

"just stop with the complexity and beautiful melodies and keyboard harmonies, just make music so when we play live the audience will bang their heads till the show is over.

Just exactly my thoughts. When i listened The Odyssey and read an interview in which Russ said something like "We are so much busy with the Odyssey tours, but this is the most pleasure giving time ever for us"; i suspected that the band will focus more on creating songs that are more easy and impactful to play live. But when Paradise Lost is belated for such a long time, a new hope arouse in me that they've got so much time to create more calculated and sophisticated songs. Anyway, these samples will most probably prove me wrong. The good points are, I love the guitar sound and also the drum sound is hundred times better the dry and tasteless drum tone in The Odyssey.

Yet, anyway this is SYMPHONY X, and it will be an AWESOME album; the only problem is that it will not be as godly as V or heavenly as The Divine Wings of Tragedy.

sorry :/ no I'm not the forum police, just reacted at your leornado-sized signature. someone would have said something sooner or later anyway. no need for name calling :(

You did a good job, Phanto. Actually your method was awesome. :D