People selling cracked plugins (WOW)

I don't agree with that mindset. That's how people feel about downloading music. Regardless of it having more potential, cheaper, and no physical loss your still abusing what should be their intellectual property.

I agree that it is definitely abuse of intellectual property and I'm certainly not saying that it's good, or that it's right and fair, but that it definitely isn't equal to shoplifting.

Oh...and remember this:

217767179_b9389ea847_m.jpg

Despite the invention of the home tape recorder, then the CD recorder and now mp3s and file sharing, people are still BUYING music, merchandise and concert tickets.

:lol: :loco: :lol: :loco:

I would tend to disagree in certain circumstances. Consider this hypothetical scenario:

a) I walk in to a store and steal a $600 plugin. Store owner has physically lost an item that he will have to replace at cost (let's just assume he doesn't have insurance). Who looses out? Clearly the store owner.

b) I download a cracked $600 plugin. I don't take my production seriously and would never spend $600 on a plugin but since I have the means to get a cracked copy for "free", I do so. Who looses out? The plugin developer? Nope, since there is no physical loss, not even the loss of a potential sale as I'd never spend $600 on something that will get very little use.
If I couldn't have found a cracked copy my life would go on without the use of that plugin.

BIG +1, I was gonna say something like this last night, but, well, didn't :D

Here was a briliant message im still confused about from today. This guy is asking 500.00 for his Waves bundle.

I ask originaly....

"Ok do you have the Ilok and is this waves bundle registered to you? We would need to transfer your Ilok to my Ilok account. Please let me know asap if these are indeed legit and you have these registered to yourself. Thanks..."

His reply....

"I dont think I am worried about any Ilok.. couldn't I just use another software? I am just mostly concerned this unit itself is good. As far as still on track and mechanicly fit. Unless the I lok has to do with it working. I hope not. Let me know I am really interested."

Ok now are you as confused as I am on this guy? Oh here is his original post on craigslist....

http://detroit.craigslist.org/msg/1036851948.html

Every single person using cracked plugins is a crook and should be treated as such. Those selling cracked plugs are even worse.

For those of you who dont take production "seriously" would you break into a hardware store and steal all the tools you need to do a job around the house that you arent taking "seriously"?

All you hacks are FUCKING LAME. Period. And alot of you are the great reason why so many working class engineers and studios are losing tons of money and/or shutting down. You have zero overhead charge next to nothing and fuck legit people out of work because you're not taking it "seriously".

Get real, you are all crooks whether you are charing money, taking it seriously, or whatever it is you do to justify using stolen shit.

Every single person using cracked plugins is a crook and should be treated as such. Those selling cracked plugs are even worse.

For those of you who dont take production "seriously" would you break into a hardware store and steal all the tools you need to do a job around the house that you arent taking "seriously"?

All you hacks are FUCKING LAME. Period. And alot of you are the great reason why so many working class engineers and studios are losing tons of money and/or shutting down. You have zero overhead charge next to nothing and fuck legit people out of work because you're not taking it "seriously".

Get real, you are all crooks whether you are charing money, taking it seriously, or whatever it is you do to justify using stolen shit.

WOW. Thats way out in left field. There is no correlation between stealing tangible merchandise and downloading a software rip. None what so ever. Just like its quite different to physically steal a CD, from best buy then it is to download it off of the internet. At some point said item was paid for, and someone that paid for it decided to share it. If the original copy was indeed stolen, thats a whole different can of worms.

How many people that own illegal plug-in's would buy them???? How many, home hobbyist are going to drop 3'g on software so they can record their shitty guitar riffs????

None. So why get your panties all twisted up over someone else?

Waves is not loosing out on money, and your not loosing out on money. Whats the problem??? Are you really that worried that people are taking your business away due to cracked plug-ins???

Maybe you should work on being a better engineer...

Fuck plugin's anyway, go analog. It wont matter if someone is using a cracked G-Comp, buy the real fuckin thing and wow all your clients with the quality of your work and impressive collection of real, gear.

Last time I checked, audio production, and recording is a business, thats done by professionals that have years of experience, and a well trained ear. None of those things can be stolen, and if you are a real professional you have nothing to worry about.

Not that I'm defending my own actions. I own all of my shit. But the more I buy real gear, tangible, gear the less I stop using my Waves, or UAD, or Sonnox plugs. I don't care that people that I am competing in business with are using cracked software. All the cracked software in the world still wont wow clients like my 36 channel 52 input console that sits in the hart of my studio...

My 2 cents.

WOW. Thats way out in left field. There is no correlation between stealing tangible merchandise and downloading a software rip. None what so ever.

Wrong dude there is!

Waves is not loosing out on money, and your not loosing out on money. Whats the problem??? Are you really that worried that people are taking your business away due to cracked plug-ins???.

Waves is losing money and as Mark said when studios have no overhead (due to using cracked/stolen shit) they can charge way less and take peoples clients. Specially since there is no money to be made because of downloading of music. Now bands want CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!

Maybe you should work on being a better engineer... ???.

Now your just a dick!

I'm not trying to start whether cracked plugins are ok thread. Cause we all know its wrong, RIGHT!! The argument... "because its downloaded its not stolen" is the dumbest thing ever so please quit trying to use that people. Now back on track....

I got a new reply for the seller, here it is....

"as far as Ilok is concerned there is no I-lok... what so ever. this was a promotional item actually so there was never need for registration. i received this from waves and installed with no issues."

Enjoy!

WOW. Thats way out in left field. There is no correlation between stealing tangible merchandise and downloading a software rip. None what so ever. Just like its quite different to physically steal a CD, from best buy then it is to download it off of the internet. At some point said item was paid for, and someone that paid for it decided to share it. If the original copy was indeed stolen, thats a whole different can of worms.

How many people that own illegal plug-in's would buy them???? How many, home hobbyist are going to drop 3'g on software so they can record their shitty guitar riffs????

Waves is not loosing out on money, and your not loosing out on money. Whats the problem??? Are you really that worried that people are taking your business away due to cracked plug-ins???

Fuck plugin's anyway, go analog. It wont matter if someone is using a cracked G-Comp, buy the real fuckin thing and wow all your clients with the quality of your work and impressive collection of real, gear.

Last time I checked, audio production, and recording is a business, thats done by professionals that have years of experience, and a well trained ear. None of those things can be stolen, and if you are a real professional you have nothing to worry about.

Not that I'm defending my own actions. I own all of my shit. But the more I buy real gear, tangible, gear the less I stop using my Waves, or UAD, or Sonnox plugs. I don't care that people that I am competing in business with are using cracked software. All the cracked software in the world still wont wow clients like my 36 channel 52 input console that sits in the hart of my studio...

My 2 cents.

After reading this post all that I can gather is that
1. It is okay to download plugins because there is no middle man to get hurt, like a retailer, for example.
2. It is okay to download CDs because there is no middle man, aka retailer, who has already purchased the items. (which I must say is the crazy to even think is correct)
3. You like analog gear

Btw, HatchetDrummer.... care to name any credentials? Seems to me you're playing yourself up to be this big awesome engineer... and you've shown no evidence.

Fail.

I'll be the first to admit I use cracked software, but I'm a poor-ass student with no job and very little chance of getting one in the middle of this recession.
I can barely afford to eat and smoke, let alone buy plugins or any software/gear/stuff at all.

Why not give up smoking, and spend that money on gear?

Every single person using cracked plugins is a crook and should be treated as such.

Just like those nasty law breakers who smoke weed, speed in their car occasionaly, drink underage, play their instruments too loud and jaywalk. They ABSOLUTELY SICKEN ME! LOCK THEM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY! :yuk:

Just like those nasty law breakers who smoke weed, speed in their car occasionaly, drink underage, play their instruments too loud and jaywalk. They ABSOLUTELY SICKEN ME! LOCK THEM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY! :yuk:

Haha, yeah - I feel like a lot of the people with extreme animosity to crackers are just bitter because they forked out so much money simply to appease their conscience :loco: (I use all legit stuff, it's just all free/cheap - thanks PC!)

My 2 cents.

Dude you are either taking the piss or doin it for the LULZ.:loco: