People selling cracked plugins (WOW)

i've found some guy selling Steven Slate Drums in the Audiomusica.com forum (from Chile). he also posts at this forum, his nickname is "felipe-x"

70.000 chilean pesos is arround 150 american dollars.

Lolcat.jpg

thanks for this.. I've lost years of my life making this drum software what it has become... so this is very hurtful news... felipe will be getting contacted..

WOW. Thats way out in left field. There is no correlation between stealing tangible merchandise and downloading a software rip. None what so ever. Just like its quite different to physically steal a CD, from best buy then it is to download it off of the internet. At some point said item was paid for, and someone that paid for it decided to share it. If the original copy was indeed stolen, thats a whole different can of worms.
you are quite wrong there... it's called Intellectual Property and it is a basic tenant of Copyright Law and a cornerstone of our economy, protecting not just music and software, but books and movies and many other easily "copyable" items..... you really should look into it... your opinion on whether or not it should be Ok is irrelevant. the concept exists, and it's law... for very sound economic and ethical reasons.

Maybe you should work on being a better engineer...
was that necessary?? anyway, last time i checked Mark (axeman720) was a very good engineer already and has engineered and/or produced and/or mixed quite a few label releases and the ones i've heard sound great.

Fuck plugin's anyway, go analog. It wont matter if someone is using a cracked G-Comp, buy the real fuckin thing and wow all your clients with the quality of your work and impressive collection of real, gear.

Last time I checked, audio production, and recording is a business, thats done by professionals that have years of experience, and a well trained ear. None of those things can be stolen, and if you are a real professional you have nothing to worry about.

Not that I'm defending my own actions. I own all of my shit. But the more I buy real gear, tangible, gear the less I stop using my Waves, or UAD, or Sonnox plugs. I don't care that people that I am competing in business with are using cracked software. All the cracked software in the world still wont wow clients like my 36 channel 52 input console that sits in the hart of my studio...

My 2 cents.
well clearly you're a big shot. congratulations.

I have felt the same feelings that Mark just expressed... doesn't matter that i don't actually lose much, if any, worthwhile employment to the type of ass-hats that use all cracked software for their "businesses".... there are all sorts of crimes that have never effected me directly but i'm still not indifferent to them.

and let's just forget about the fact that the indirect effects of piracy negatively impact us all.

I agree with James 100%. Everyone is being ripped off with piracy. I believe piracy will eventually slow down from today's levels when people realize that they are hurting themselves and the entire economy in the process.

All I know is that I've been much happier since I went 100% legit with my plugins and software a few years ago. I've simply scaled up my rates accordingly - everyone wins this way, from producers to software engineers to bands. If everyone pays for what they use and listen to:

• Software developers like Steven Slate (and I) make money
  • Producers make money
  • Artists make money
  • Prices can be reasonable with lots of competition in the marketplace, etc., so consumers save money

The main reasons the economy of most countries is doing poorly now is because of piracy and Chinese outsourcing. Keep the jobs in your home country, pay for music, movies, and software, and everyone will be better off.

In other news, anyone following ThePirateBay's trial?

http://trial.thepiratebay.org/

Crazy shit is happening right now on a global level with piracy. Should be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Dude, your post is very weird. It sounds at first like you're arguing against pirating software, but then it shifts and all of a sudden sounds like you are openly admitting that you are a pirate and don't feel guilty about it :zombie:

i order doublecheeseburgers just to make up for every vegetarian / vegan i meet. and believe me, livin in LA, i order alot of them!:headbang:

as for piracy... "the lady doth protest too much, methinks"... people can justify any action they take to satisfy whats left of their conscience. we're amazing like that.

The main reasons the economy of most countries is doing poorly now is because of piracy and Chinese outsourcing. Keep the jobs in your home country, pay for music, movies, and software, and everyone will be better off.

Uhhh, no :lol Piracy is a problem but its nowhere NEAR large enough to even remotely be considered the cause of the bad global economic climate.

Many people get pissed about pirates cracking softwares just as much vegans get pissed with people eating meat.

Except eating meat isn't illegal.

Justifying 'cracking' is a pretty fruitless effort imo. But at the same time, I'd be a hypocrite if I said I hadn't cracked (used an illegal version of Sonar for a few months, but eventually bought the program. If it matters, I did it out of not wanting to be caught once/if I started making money with my 'studio', not out of some moral conscience or other justification).

This is not a moral issue. It's an issue of survival. None of us will be able to continue to survive in a world of rampant piracy without doing physical labor to make money, or living off the land "Walden" style.

It's the logical path - if intellectual property is worth zero, then the only things left that have any value are precious metals, scarce energy sources, and physical labor. Once we're at a point where a) precious metals are worthless because they can be infinitely replicated with nanotechnology b) zero point energy is made publicly available for all and c) physical labor of all kinds is replaced by robotics, then we will be at a point where money will become obsolete (assuming any of that actually happens.)

The reason why we're all in a jam is - we have destroyed the scarcity of information - for the first time EVER in human civilization - by way of the Internet. Think about this realistically - nobody has EVER had to confront anything like this, in all the centuries of humankind. The Gutenberg Press, the Industrial Revolution, etc., were storms in teacups comparatively. Since information is infinite, always on tap, via the Internet - it is inherently valueless in the truest sense. It's not an opinion, it's a centuries-proven economic law, scarcity=value. Take away scarcity, take away value.

While James and I, and many others, may feel that it is important or "good" to treat valueless information as if it still has value - the simple fact is that no one has to. There aren't enough police in the world to stop the free flow of information, and it really doesn't matter how anyone "feels" about it.

The current state of things: If the purchase experience of digital goods is low-cost, high-convenience, and most importantly the goods themselves are high quality (such as Slate Drums, or the new Steven Wilson album) then it's my belief that by and large, people will support the creators of these products with their wallets. Deviate from that model too far (average to sub-par quality at high prices) and you will fail as a business. Also, if you can tie in your digital goods with physical goods in a way that is more meaningful/useful/fun/non-oppressive than a dongle, then that is also a win-win proposition and the market will reward you.

Hers is another email Ive received about these waves plugins with no Ilok. Its honestly shocking how this guy comes off. I have not even replied back and he just felt like he needed to email me this.......

"No only retial software versions are with the I-lok... dealers, demos and betas and not locked. They are the same exact processors and all that .. in which is contained in what i said is listed. Cracked, Fake? even if a program were cracked it still is real. Im running an operating system on four computers thats (fake) And is more protected more advanced than the oem operating system. Whats retail is always what you consider (fake) Held back with restriction on sharing.

You dont think if you had purchased these on your own you wouldnt want them on more than one computer? I do and did. And the i-lok prevents that. I refuse myself.. to pay any ridiculous fee on anything thats duped n copied. Specially some plug ins which are just mathematical frequency manipulators, and algrorithims. No hardware and no cost in shipping and expense in labs and engineers developing real gear. Just as the studio gear i own. You would consider all of it (fake) because it isnt sold in guitar center. Everything i own is custom of an original and modded. Thats life without restriction brother.

Like for instance people buying antares plug in for the T-Pain effect... yeah. Get the hardware instrument and it is 5 times more powerful than the cheap plug in. Because unfortunatly electicity is sound. And we can pretend all day these computer can work magic with electricy for music. Never will happen. It will always come down to hardware being the top issue. Remember that.As long as we create electricty the way we do and use it the way we do. The computer will never succeed the hardware. Not until they change the format on how computers themself are created and built. They havent changed since the 80s. still the same set up. Harddrive, motherboard, weak processors than overheat if not cared for, and chop memory. THe old IBM XT. or AT... still the same setup. Just squashing processing in a processor chip or adding more memory or harddrive space. Never actually making the computer better in its function.

Thats retial and thats what you get for going retail. So you like millions of others need to stop!!! Stop that shit now. Stop following the hype.. the buzz and whats "hot".Learn your basics first before you enter music and tell me what im suppose to know about "fake" your knowledge is delinquent to mine right now. with a unsatisfactory question as that. Duped copied.. This plug in pack is original. What the box says what it does.... only issue no i-lok needed. is that an issue? I dont think so. The bottom line is it works. And if i were you I would buy these and upgrade your hardware with the money you save.

This is better than going with geico. Im a programmer and I am an engineer... and i do unlock programs myself so i may put them on all my systems. And share them with my friends. Just as any person in the past duped and shared vhs tapes, cassette tapes and now music cds and dvds. If you feel guilty like your doing something wrong. Then don't ask me.There is nothing wrong. These are not stolen. These are not unwarranted. These are official."

i'm gonna buy Recabinet just as soon as Shane starts offering a free Mesa 4x12 cab with it, :lol:

Awesome! Where do I sign up? LOL :kickass:

I hope my post isn't misunderstood. If everyone adopted a sense of personal responsibility for supporting the creators of the products you use, then we wouldn't be in the present crisis situation.

Obviously, you can't convince everyone to grow a conscience about this. Nobody is ever positively motivated to action by a "guilt trip." My hope is that perhaps, over time, a good portion, maybe even a majority of people will realize the simple necessity that for quality digital products to exist, nobody can expect them to be free. In other words - while the actual intangible bytes of data themselves are inherently valueless by way of infinite reproducibility - the tangible, physical service rendered in terms of creating these products through many man-years of R&D is of exponentially massive value.

Take the monetary support system out from under the creators of these products - and you end up with the strange irony that quality digital products will become scarce, and therefore truly valuable once again. What you're really paying for when you buy a product like Waves, Cubase, Pro Tools, and even something much smaller in scope like Recabinet is a service, a commitment to quality that is simply not possible without financial support.

On another note, my point about the dongle issue wasn't that dongles are bad, it's just that they're a boring necessity, and a possible reminder of the "guilt trip" of current anti-piracy rhetoric. My point was that other types of hardware tie-ins make customers happy. What Line 6 has done with Pod Farm, in terms of the licensing scheme, is ingenious - reward the people who already have Pod-compatible hardware, and charge extra for people who just want the iLok version. That is exactly the type of integration I think we'll see more of, and it's great.

I just don't understand people. Capitalism. If you can't afford something, then you don't deserve to have it. It's pretty basic really.

So all the people in the world who cant afford/ dont have access to food don't deserve food?

the people who cant afford clothes dont deserve to be clothed?

people who cant afford medical care deserve to die?

kindly remove your head from your arse please

So all the people in the world who cant afford/ dont have access to food don't deserve food?

the people who cant afford clothes dont deserve to be clothed?

people who cant afford medical care deserve to die?

kindly remove your head from your arse please

+1000!.