Periphery - "Icarus Lives!" with Casey's vocals posted!

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
Hey guys, as our lil christmahannukwanzaa present to the woild, we have posted up the demo version of Icarus Lives! with Casey's vocals on it.

You can listen here: http://www.myspace.com/periphery

Now one little note about all of this (aimed only at those who have heard the Jake version a million times like i have), i would definitely give it a few listens to let it sink in just because it IS different and you need to get used to it, but after 4 or 5 listens myself i started hearing it objectively and i love it! If you havent heard the jake version then just go for it haha!

Anyways, have a good holiday everyone!

Enjoy

awesome as always
i see on page new samples heh?:)

Misha-can you tell me-is it all samples is DFHS-or some kick or snare is not?
what plugins and post-Eq you use?

thank you

and Merry Xmass:headbang:

thanks dudes

yeah its all dfhs samples none mixed in, just using nuendo eq and voxengo curve eq

That's a very good singer... a step in the right direction IMO. Now hopefully with time you will eliminate the brutal vocals and keep only the melodic ones.
It's amazing how many good metal bands ruin their excellent music with brutal vocals.
I must be one of the very few persons in these forums that thinks that though ;).

Ok.... FUCK. Where do I begin?

Honestly Misha, when I first heard this (on laptop speakers), all I could think was "Wooooah what the fuck kind of melody is that? There's bad notes all over the place! This guy is fucking nuts!"

I gave it a couple more listens... it clicked with me on number 3. This. Guy. Is. Fucking. God.

Seriously though, that falsetto at "to write in history" makes me absolutely melt.

Yeah, rad vocals dude...interesting notes all over the place. Those parts where he just kind of sings weird chords, like a keyboard almost, are really great. I haven't heard the old version with vocals, but I don't think you should be worried about your current vocal direction at all!

Dude, the vocals are perfectly different.... This is something I can listen to and not have it remind me of 90% of the other music out there. Keep it up!

oh thanks so much guys! im glad you guys approve!
i cant wait to see what he will do with the other songs!!

I also think that the music deserves vocal melody lines all the way through.
Anyway, great song. Sounds unique.

to be honest man i liked the old icarus lives more...... it was more ass kickin and in your face. it also kind of sounds like a lot of the same things over and over now too.

Though I maybe think it's cooler with more growl I must say that I think his singing fits the music. He's an amazing singer. I like his growl too, a mixture of death, black metal, hardcore.