Persistence of Time

ThraxMan

Metal Madman
Feb 15, 2002
Northern Michigan
Visit site
This evening I noticed that my rip of POT was done in 160kbps in 2008. Well I just re-ripped the CD at a variable 256kbps in iTunes. And so I decided to listen to it. It has been a long while. Sounds great as ever!

Recently listened to this one aswell as many years - I'd heard songs of course, but as for playing it start to finish, it's been a long time. It sounded even better now than when I first got into it - there are so many great tracks there; Time, In my World, Blood, Got the Time, Belly of the Beast, Keep it in the Family, Discharge, One Man Stands..

Along with ATL, it really is Anthrax's best album I think. Love the production, that is something I noticed even 25 years ago, the production was and is amazing - great dynamic sound, every instrument audible, including bass. Guitar sound one of the best.

Only two songs I think are not quite up there with the rest of the record - 'H8Red' and 'Gridlock'. Both are good, but lack the killer touch the other songs have.

Reactions: Anthrax_Mosher
For me it's a very unbalanced album ! It's very very good until ''belly''...after that, is not terrible imo. H8red... One man stands...discharge...! what makes a good average anyway.. ;-)

Does anybody know whether they've ever pleyed Blood live? I know for someone this song may sound like a spinning wheel but I love it, especially the short drum intro.

I still have Discharge as Anthrax's most underrated tune ever.

Charlie's drumming is insane on that song.

I think you're so in love for an ex !
My ex used to be a perfect girl. Then something fucked up and we parted. When we see each other, we only exchange courtesies. There's no closeness at all. She's not the girl I knew, she's changed. But sometimes when I'm alone, I watch our old photos and videos to recall nostalgic memories because she was really pretty and we lived out great times together, you know? That's my (Anthrax) story, Yoyo.

Last edited:
The POT tour was my first ever Anthrax show.

@Timmy was at that show too way back in 1990 (if memory serves me right)