Peter leaving

fuck ... mike needs to cut the crap, stop touring for 18 monts and trying to make the band more popular, and bring back the tr00 lineup.

seeing as that's highly unlikely, i just hope the new guy won't play any solos on the next album

Fuck, didnt see this coming...oh well...Im sure Freddy will be fine, Mike doesn't just play with anyone you know!

Fuck!!! Those are sad and unexpected news!
I thought I was going to read some more stupid thread but no, this is real...

Good luck Peter for your future projects, if you plan to do something. It will take some time to get used to this.

fuck ... mike needs to cut the crap, stop touring for 18 monts and trying to make the band more popular, and bring back the tr00 lineup.

seeing as that's highly unlikely, i just hope the new guy won't play any solos on the next album

Opeth always make tour decisions together in the band. Mike is not the one making all decision single-handed. Just wanted to make this clear.
//opeth.com

I might get flamed for this, but I'm glad for this replacement, seeing how they fell so badly with Ghost Reveries. They could use some change in musical direction and implementation, so I'm quite happy and excited to see what comes ahead :headbang:

Yay for the new guy! :kickass:

1560758132lox9.jpg

Woow it's just an awesome news, i'm really sad about that.
:lol:

:lol: you mean he doesn't ;)
it's not so much peter's guitar playing i'll miss, although his solos were a part of the opeth sound, it's his presence, implication and support.

That's exactly what I feel about this situation. I know Opeth will keep their level or even increase it, but it's like loosing a good friend.
Anyway, can't wait for the next releases :kickass:

Very upset to hear Peters leaving, but Peter, if you happen to read this then I wish you all the best and I thank you for being kind enough to stop and chat to me and my friends when we saw you in London. Take care and best of luck for the future.