"Pharaoh" vocals - can you do it?

KirillM

Powerslave
Jul 9, 2009
Hi, I have an audio recording/mixing class and we've entered the pratical lessons phase where we actually mix stuff (it was all theory before that) and I thought I'd tackle something my own music sounds like, which is very similiar to SX's "Pharaoh".

So, what I'm gonna do is, record guitar, bass, keys and drums for "Pharaoh", and mix it up to a song. But I don't have any vocals and I sure as hell can't sing, so I thought maybe someone could record me theirs and let me use them.

Anyone?

Edit: You don't have to do any back vocals, I don't think there are any anyway, only some harmonies perhaps, but the lead vocals are the most important. Anything else is just luxury. The file(s) should be wav or aiff. I guess you can upload them on rapidshare, or let me know if you don't know where to put them.

Honestly if you can get the rest of the song down, I can sing it if you need me to or can't get the Unflexable Grace guy to do it. Pharaoh is one of the way easier SX songs to sing so it's no problem. I'm not as James Labrie as he is, I sing with more of a grit like Allen...and no I'm not terrible lol. Anyways let me know if you want.

Honestly if you can get the rest of the song down, I can sing it if you need me to or can't get the Unflexable Grace guy to do it. Pharaoh is one of the way easier SX songs to sing so it's no problem. I'm not as James Labrie as he is, I sing with more of a grit like Allen...and no I'm not terrible lol. Anyways let me know if you want.

I totally want to hear you sing now. Do it do it do it

Will do...gonna head over to my brother's house tomorrow and track it out... he's the one w/ all the recording shit lol. I'll keep you updated. Doing it for fun even if its not used hah!

Yeah...sorry for those who've been waiting I have been ultra busy and have been meaning to ask, I did it a few ways and want to know how you want it done. Me on camera w/ music...without music? Just audio w/ or w/o music? Your call but I did track it last night quite well IMO, but we will see what everyone else thinks lol..

...oh yeah and did you need it in a certain format or anything?

For some reason Russell's voice on this track has always made me start cracking up during the chorus. "Phaaaiiaros comto faand you whoo daers to invade hiys sacrediinnergraawwnd. Gaads ov the Naaal aahraas to scccgGGROOIIINDD yeewww ddaaaaiiiiwwwnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

hello guys i´m from colombia, and í´m a fan of SX I can sing almost of their songs, and I´m looking for musicians to play SX stuff or progressive stuff like suspyre, or DT.. i love Symphony X.

i can sing Pharaoh I repeat:headbang:

holy shit. I just logged in for the first time in 7 years. totally forgot I made this thread.
never got around to do Pharaoh, tho, we had some changes and we had to mix some existing tracks instead.