pic thread...

thanx phyros and morgana....it's amazing...I gotta see that by myself!!!! well my plans to get there in two years (more or less) are getting shape now...but well we'll see how things develop...
I just started to look for a Swedish school or smth....found something but must talk to the teacher...

and Oh! I love traveling too.....here's my list...
the whole of Spain!, france, germany, austria, switzerland, italy, denmark, tunez, usa and mexico (I actually lived for 8 years in mexico)
countries I crave visiting....Sweden, Finland, Greece, Canada and Republica Dominicana!

Fjelltussa and aegis@ where in Greece have you been???

i love travelling,but i haven't travelled much :cry:

my super-want-to-travel-there-list:
Sweden,Norway,Iceland (everywhere in these 3 countries), Finland,Denmark,some more germany (i've been just in Hamburg and Lübeck),Spain and Cyprus (my mum is from there,but i've only been there once...quite a shame..)

i've never been to a foreign country :cry: (@aegis: i'm not crying! :p ) but i'd love to travel to Finland, Sweden, Norway, Germany, England, Spain, Austria, France, Netherlands & Iceland
For what i've heard, Iceland must be the purest and most beautiful country in the world :D

well I fear IceLand is waaaay to cold for me...even if it's the purest country I just wouldn't live there for more than two weeks before turning mad! At least I guess I would have some very good penguin friends though! ;)

it was 5 years ago, my parents and some friends of them did rent a yacht in Le Piraeus during 2 weeks, so we have sailed to "The Cyclades" and avoided the places where go the tourists generally (i think) ... The only islands names i remember are Kea (the first Island when you come from Athens, if i am correct) where they were almost no tourists, that was fucking great, and all the inhabitants there were so nice and Syros (ok they were tourists there, but not much ...
in Ermoupoli (sp?), i saw one of the most beautiful girl i have ever seen ... she worked in a place where there are some video games (i don't know the english word), and i spent all the money my parents gave to me in that place, only to be able to look at her :) it was 5 years ago, i couldn't speak english at all, and she was easily 6-7 years older than me, so i didn't say anything)

penguins in Iceland??? :D

I have read somewhere that iceland is not so supercold in comparisons to other countries that are on the same height (siberia f.e.) because there is a warm hmm what's called....wave or sth... coming from the Gulf...
anyway,i guess it must be sooo fun,the green landscapes,the waterfalls and the warm natural springs(?? källor) combined with volcanos...

oh,i have seen so many great pics from Iceland on the net...i must definitely travel there someday...
oooh and isn't it so wonderful that it's such a small country with such cool name systems an (i dare to say) old language etc...

:cool:

oh, i forgot to tell that after that, we have rent a car and visited Athens and Delphes ...
and in fact, my parents went in Greece for their honeymoon, and they have told to me, that it's there that i have been conceived :)

*excited*It's great that you had a cool time :D
Le Piraeus is where I live!!! (i hate this place :bah: )
yep,Kea is the first island from Athens and yup,it's Ermoupoli..i
've been there once when i was 3 years old...don't remember anything from the island....but i remember sth from the trip..i was always caring a small pillow with me back then.. and while we were on the ship,i dropped it in the sea... *stupid me* and then i was crying and wanted a new one... (my poor parents,they have suffered so much with me :rolleyes: )

Delpi!!!! such a great place....i have been there only once,when i was 18,a small excursion with some friend...awesome time...
:cool:

Isn't Greenland the cold one? :confused:... That's what I've been told. And what happened to all the pictures? I got another picture of a girl I like, but my others are in the Now Playing thread. So, if you want to see the other girls I like, you'll have to go there.

Attachments

• jessica judd.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 70
yep...always wondered why the hell is name Greenland if everything's white there???? I guess 90% of Greenland is ice...

@mel: well I would love to visit it, but definately not to live there, as many places...deserts, caves, mountaintops, rainforests....love to see them but not to "interact" with them that much...

fathervic (off to bed!!!!!!!)

Ahh... travelling. Good stuff... too damn expensive. I haven't even been around US much, but I've been to Israel (twice), Ireland (bloody gorgeous), Scotland, Brussels, Paris, Switzerland, and Madrid.

But the reason I took the name "The Nomad" was because starting this November I will be travelling all over the place for work. 3-9 months in some country that's not the US. Then a couple weeks (or more) back in Chicago, and then it's off to another assignment... It looks like I'll be spending most of my time in southeast asia or India, but I've been wanting to visit there anyway.

Now if someone wants to build a new oil refinery, or revamp an old one, in scandanavia, I'd be much obliged... If I beg enough, they might just send me there.

Originally posted by Melancholia
Fjelltussa and aegis@ where in Greece have you been???

I went to Rhodes, and stayed mostly in the city, but we rented a car one day and drove down to a little town on the other side of the island. Hmm.. don't remember what the name was. There was a temple there that was very beautiful.

Cold? In Iceland? Not any colder than here! And Greenland? I'd love to go there. And I'd love to go to Sibir sometime. To all the cold places... hehe:D

oooohhhh wwwwweeeeeeee doooooooooo love you astarte....it's just that you don't want to share a pic of yourself with us...and I don't believe you're that furry ;)

i must prove you wrong, there's some days though, when i don't look so furry or so... polar :err:

Attachments

• blah.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 348
Ahhh, nuts. I was trying to find a more current picture while everybody was posting their mugs last week. And, I don't have any. that's kinda depressing.

Anyway, here's one from 7(!) years ago... senior year of high school....

robert.jpg

Of course, now I have less hair on top (still long) and more on my face...