Pitch correction multi mic question

Skaldir

formerly known as Unicorn
Nov 3, 2001
Germany
www.kalthallen.de
I'd like to know if it's possible to make a pitch correct for one track/instrument and then "apply" the correction on the same track that was recorded with another mic, or a room mic.
I do my corrections with vari audio in Cubase.
Would be good to know with which plugin I could have that workflow

No. And if you do on each mic (like a vocal for exemple) it will have a very odd sound.
But you can combine the mics in one bus and correct from there

What you need to do is use a phase locked pitch shifter. This is common is post production (there's always a lot of 23.98, 24 and 25fps speed changes that need pitch correction). The 2 best on the market are Serato Pitch N Time, which is an offline software processor, the other is Dolby's Model 585, which is a real time piece of hardware. Pitch N Time is $799. The Model 585 isn't made anymore. Fortunately, I work at Dolby and have one in my setup there.
What exactly do you have and what do you want to achieve?

What you need to do is use a phase locked pitch shifter. This is common is post production (there's always a lot of 23.98, 24 and 25fps speed changes that need pitch correction). The 2 best on the market are Serato Pitch N Time, which is an offline software processor, the other is Dolby's Model 585, which is a real time piece of hardware. Pitch N Time is $799. The Model 585 isn't made anymore. Fortunately, I work at Dolby and have one in my setup there.
What exactly do you have and what do you want to achieve?

I want to tune a violin in the close mic, and then apply my tuning correction to a room mic track of the same performance.

If you can give me the percentage correction that you want (and send me the tracks) then I'll run them through the 585 for you.

I've done this with vocals before. Pan the close mic hard L or R and the room the opposite, then export as an interleaved file. I use Melodyne, so tuned as normal in that. I can't comment whether it will work in something other than that. Import the tuned file to your DAW and split to mono again.

I've done this with vocals before. Pan the close mic hard L or R and the room the opposite, then export as an interleaved file. I use Melodyne, so tuned as normal in that. I can't comment whether it will work in something other than that. Import the tuned file to your DAW and split to mono again.

Good idea. Problem is that the violin is recorded with 5 mics...
Seems like I will have decide on the sound first and then tune the sum.