Please don't let this be true

I'm still in denial kind of... This was a guy I'd have been delighted to meet in person. I was gonna invite him to the meetup next year. :(

I saw this. I tried to leave him a message, but never added him... it hurts. His last post was the 5th on our board too.

rest in peace, rick. my heart goes out to his friends and family and everyone on here who was really close to him on RC, i only really remember him from "back then" on here and he was certainly one of the more amusing and intelligent board-members.

sure, it sucks, but who knows? maybe he's in a better place, and if you believe in an afterlife, any sort at all, look forwards to potentially meeting up with him.

idk maybe that's just my optimism speaking out.

Part of me still wants to believe this isnt real, I dont see how it could be fake though. Rick was always one of the nicest and most amicable persons I met online, I truly extend my sympathies to his family and close friends. He always seemed like he worked so hard to keep a good life for his family, it never seems fair when tragedy befalls such good people.

Cephalopod said:
Fuck. I didn't really know him, but I've read his posts and this is a sad day. RIP Lizard.

Me either, but with all the talk I am sorry I missed the chance to exchange ideas with him. :(

Wow... I... wow...

Rest in Peace Lizard.

And good wishes to his family.

Captain Beard said:
Update: 750 ml of mead and 5 hoegaardens.

I see no selfishness in discussing personal issues. Its more of a degree of who is willing to lend an ear and how comfortable one is. If you feel uncomfortable, then this is ok, not everyone wants to vent on a forum. It seems lately quite a few of us are having psychological crises. It's only natural to want to help our closest friends as well. I also understand the frustration that comes with feeling you're unable to make any progress in solving their problems. I tend to deal with my issues in less than healthy ways however, as you can see by the first line. :p

It's not that I'm uncomfortable to discuss my problems here I just don't like discussing them in this perticular thread (I have really wierd principles) because none of my problems can compare to what happened to Liz and the fact that the child is going to grow up without a father...

Great guy, only got to talk with him like once or twice. wow, I've never been good at dealing with Loss. Tonight I'll burn a candle for him, and maybe help him light his way.
Rest in peace.