Thought you guys might be interested in this

Nightshade said:
Look -- the only reason this stands out, is because of what we know of WD's health, and the fact that it IS now out of character.

It's a little bit more than that if he's so drunk that he can't remember the lyrics and the band had to cut the set short.

Lord of Metal said:
Just take a little look at how much he loves all of you:

Warrel%20Dane%20during%20Opeth%20Soundcheck%2011-05-05.jpg

Aww! Warrel. o^_^o I'm sure it was a disappointing mishap for everyone at the show, but as long as Warrel was a known acloholic, as many problems as Nevermore has been having lately, as much as Warrel has to watch everyone else drink, it's no shock that a personal problem could have sent him into a state of depression that sent him back to alcohol. When you form a method for dealing with a serious problem, it's hard to break it. But it almost killed him. He certainly didn't do it because he didn't care for the fans or isn't professional. The problem had to be serious enough for him to do what he did, and definitely after this experience, he won't risk such a thing again. As long as everyone else stays healthy enough, the tour will continue kicking ass.
i just wanted to point out that pic is just too cute!

Yeah, this situation brought me here but SFW..I was there and thought I'd comment. 2 days later I am not upset, I am more concerned. I know He's had health issues and I only hope this is an isolated incident. After the show I saw him leaning up against the wall backstage just totally out of it, all that crowd surfing I'm sure sapped his energy esp being sick/drunk whatever. I know Van and Jeff were pissed at him by their reactions onstage and am glad Colorado Springs got a kick ass show. Til the next time, when I hope they blow me away...

Lord of Metal said:
Just take a little look at how much he loves all of you:

Warrel%20Dane%20during%20Opeth%20Soundcheck%2011-05-05.jpg

Okay, its official; anyone who criticizes WD from this point on gets their head kicked in.

This is exactly what I observed in Cincy: Warrel is a fan of his fans. Look at him on his comp in the venue, every bit as dorky as the rest of us!

Everybody has their rough times every now and again; Warrel, you are still the BEST!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Will Bozarth said:
... but he shot me an email saying that he's ok, and just osmething happened throughout the course of his day to fuck him up mentally, which is why he did it.

I'm glad he's alright. I'll buy him a heavy punching bag - it's healthier. Of course, this could backfire: god forbid this happens agaiin, the band will have a lot harder of a time kicking his ass after the show to keep him in line.

Lunar Still said:
This is exactly what I observed in Cincy: Warrel is a fan of his fans. Look at him on his comp in the venue, every bit as dorky as the rest of us!

Everybody has their rough times every now and again; Warrel, you are still the BEST!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I second that! *hugs*

TheSaraMonster said:
You are the best thing since getting bloody and carving pumpkins. WOOOO! WARREL DANE IS ONE AWESOME FELLA!

That comment made the 3 years i've spent here worth it.

:cool:

I hope Warrel feels better about whatever situation he's in...I was shocked to read the news about him being insanely drunk, it totally read like the guy made it up. I guess we all have our relapses...in warrel's case it was certainly dangerous...
maybe a family member of his died.

I certainly hope he's feeling better. I will be seeing Nevermore in Chico this saturday, and while I certainly hope Warrel will be in a healthy and sober state of mind, I will still be very supportive and understanding if he is not. We are all troubled souls, and we all have our demons. I am an alcoholic myself and have used the bottle to drown many a sorrows in my life as well. The bottle is truely a heavy stone. I just hope that Warrel will be VERY careful with what he does, and I wish him continued growing health mentally and physically.

Up the Dane!:headbang:

i doubt he was drunk, maby ha had something else...since he is sober for the last year, he calls the crowd motherfuchers atleast 5 times during the concert, that is true, he is acting littlebit stupid since being sober, lol, but i doubt he got drunk, thats too dangerous. i hope he did not.
but so what if he fucked up once, i guess somethimes u just have no more motivation for doing the same thing every day, same way...