Thought you guys might be interested in this

I hope this isn't true, because if it is alcohol related, it ultimately could kill him. :(

Maybe WD didn't get enough sleep...or took too many meds that day? <_<

I'm just saying people have a right to know how past performances have benn, when deciding what to spend their money on. This is the driving principle of rock criticism, not to mention film criticism, culinary criticism, etc. etc.

Trying to squelch comment is weird to me.

Will Bozarth said:
Well, he went to the hospital because he almost fuckin died from drinking. He's diabetic. he shouldn't drink... but he shot me an email saying that he's ok, and just osmething happened throughout the course of his day to fuck him up mentally, which is why he did it. If he wants to discuss it, he will. if not, then stop talkin about it

Well, good to here that he is ok. Thanks for the update Will.

Will Bozarth said:
Well, he went to the hospital because he almost fuckin died from drinking. He's diabetic. he shouldn't drink... but he shot me an email saying that he's ok, and just osmething happened throughout the course of his day to fuck him up mentally, which is why he did it. If he wants to discuss it, he will. if not, then stop talkin about it

Indeed, thanks...all I wanted to hear was that he was okay.

Dee Snarl said:
You guys are fanboys. No disrespect to the band, but if something happened, it was at a public performance, not in someone's living room. That makes it public record. Doesn't mean you need to talk a lot of shit, but I don't know why everyone's so hush-hush.

I completely agree. Will, you can't stop people from talking about what happened. And since everyone here is being respectful and concerned, I don't see why you want to try.

Thanks for the update, Will.

I also say that you shouldn't try to stop people discussing it. So far, it's been done with respect in mind to Warrel and the band. It happened at a public performance, so naturally it's going to get discussed. It's when needless abuse starts that the mods come in to draw the line.

Somebody ought to tell Warrell to get drunk after the show and not before...like the Evergrey guys. Man those guys were fun to hang out with!

Well..glad to hear Warrel's okay, at least. We can only support him, not rip on him, ya know? He's only human..we all make mistakes at one point or another and it's not exactly helpful to bag on the guy if he was having a bad day and decided he would do whatever he did to try and feel better about it, one way or another.

Dee Snarl said:
I'm just saying people have a right to know how past performances have benn, when deciding what to spend their money on. This is the driving principle of rock criticism, not to mention film criticism, culinary criticism, etc. etc.

Trying to squelch comment is weird to me.

What a great point! OK, let's see...

Once upon a time there was a singer named WD. And it was relatively well known that this singer drank a LOT. And he was reported drunk at shows frequently. But he was a metal singer, and he was white hot, and so nobody gave a shit.

However, slowly, insidiously, a dark cloud began to creep over his life until one day he found himself inexplicably in a hospital ICU wondering what the hell happened to two weeks of his life. And he was told he'd have to quit drinking, so he did. And he was told he'd have to start eating better, so he did. And he was told he'd have to start working out, and so he did. And he looks better now than he has in a long time, and he's still the frontman for a most totally badass and awesometastic band.

Then one day, someone reports this singer behaving in a drunken fashion at a show. Now, it's clear that alcohol can produce this behavior, but so can some illnesses. Nevertheless, it would be the first such report I've heard in a lion's age, meaning that this badass band's performances are getting better and more reliable.

What the fuck is everyone waiting for? Go get your goddamn tickets!

Look -- the only reason this stands out, is because of what we know of WD's health, and the fact that it IS now out of character. So, no, I don't expect that anyone can make folks shut up already, nor is it some "big secret" what he does live. It's just that no matter how "noble" your post might claim to be, pretty much anyone worth worrying about knows that most posts of this nature are really more about gossip mongering and less about concern for the fans -- partucularly when they come from folks who don't post on this board much unless there's a topic like this.

Look -- the only reason this stands out, is because of what we know of WD's health, and the fact that it IS now out of character. So, no, I don't expect that anyone can make folks shut up already, nor is it some "big secret" what he does live. It's just that no matter how "noble" your post might claim to be, pretty much anyone worth worrying about knows that most posts of this nature are really more about gossip mongering and less about concern for the fans -- partucularly when they come from folks who don't post on this board much unless there's a topic like this.

Sez you, buddy.

I'm not out of line at all. You're out of line for suggesting I'm "gossip-mongering" and shit. Noble? Whatever, but I do think people should feel free to communicate about whatever, that no topic should be off limits. Shit happens, and then people talk about it. I do think it's a little pathetic how everybody seems to walk on eggshells, afraid of pissing off the Goderators, or something...?

I personally don't really care if the guy was drunk or not, except I wish him well healthwise. I've been to plenty of drunken shows, and I'm not concerned that this is some pattern that will spiral out of control or whatever. But, yes, I do think it's stupid to be all, "Something might have happened, but don't talk about it! Okay, everybody stop talking about it! Don't even think about it!" It ain't me, babe - I'll talk about what I want to talk about. You don't like it, don't listen.

Thanks for taking the time, though. Now go relax.

Dee Snarl said:
Sez you, buddy.

I'm not out of line at all. You're out of line for suggesting I'm "gossip-mongering" and shit. Noble? Whatever, but I do think people should feel free to communicate about whatever, that no topic should be off limits. Shit happens, and then people talk about it. I do think it's a little pathetic how everybody seems to walk on eggshells, afraid of pissing off the Goderators, or something...?

I personally don't really care if the guy was drunk or not, except I wish him well healthwise. I've been to plenty of drunken shows, and I'm not concerned that this is some pattern that will spiral out of control or whatever. But, yes, I do think it's stupid to be all, "Something might have happened, but don't talk about it! Okay, everybody stop talking about it! Don't even think about it!" It ain't me, babe - I'll talk about what I want to talk about. You don't like it, don't listen.

Thanks for taking the time, though. Now go relax.
*pats snarl's head*

Of course, dear. We understand.

Just take a little look at how much he loves all of you:

Warrel%20Dane%20during%20Opeth%20Soundcheck%2011-05-05.jpg

Aww! Warrel. o^_^o I'm sure it was a disappointing mishap for everyone at the show, but as long as Warrel was a known acloholic, as many problems as Nevermore has been having lately, as much as Warrel has to watch everyone else drink, it's no shock that a personal problem could have sent him into a state of depression that sent him back to alcohol. When you form a method for dealing with a serious problem, it's hard to break it. But it almost killed him. He certainly didn't do it because he didn't care for the fans or isn't professional. The problem had to be serious enough for him to do what he did, and definitely after this experience, he won't risk such a thing again. As long as everyone else stays healthy enough, the tour will continue kicking ass.