please help

Good luck, MountainDweller. I did something similar myself about a little over a year ago. I moved to live with my older brother 700 miles away from home to finish my high school in a better place. I have more opportunities and am getting a much better education here, but I don't really have any friends like the ones I had where I used to live. It was just a major change going from a small town of about 2,000 people to a huge city with a population near 500,000 or more and constantly growing. It was pretty hard at first, but I basically just stayed busy with everything. You will do fine and meet plenty of cool people. Plus, like _Transparent_ said, you will have the UNDERWORLD! :D Good luck!

Well, I guess I'll have to worry about getting settled in and finding a job before I start looking for concerts, but knowing there are loads of good shows there makes me happy. :) At the moment, a local record store would be my first choice for a part-time job, although I'm sure there are plenty of other things to do that I will definitely look into.

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. :)