Finntroll!!!

Blackspirit

there are no words left
Aug 30, 2001
Oslo, Norway
blacksoul.skonux.net
They have done it for me!!! They give me that feeling...
That feeling that almost makes me cry, the feeling
where nothing but the music matters, when I can just
sit here listening and everything seems perfect.
I find a solution to everything...

It's like my chest will explode and I feel like sharing it
with someone, but then I see that I am all alone
about this... I don't know anyone that understands
exactly how this is.... It's such a unique feeling...
I am SO lucky to feel what I am feeling! :eek:)))

Music is all! :eek:)

Thank you Finntroll! :eek:)

yeah i love finntroll, i discovered them a while ago when i was bored of the whole scene, i wanted to hear something different and i found finntroll, their songs had so much more energy than most and at times they even made me laugh :) i like Jakens Tid a lot more than Midnattens Widunder though...

Originally posted by crumbling mirth
i have one song of theirs on a compilation..."rivfader", i think it's called. it's not bad at all :)

You should hear the whole album.
I am under the impression that you can't really like
a band if you haven't heard a complete album...
I usually never just download a couple of songs,
I check out the whole album. That's why it takes
so much more time for me to check out bands than
for others >:eek:P

Anyways... some albums just really hit my, and this
time is was Finntroll... The rythms move me...it's just
like the music and my body is one... There's nothing
that can seperate "us" >:eek:P It's weird...
The way that everything sounds, it's like it is dragging
my body with it...
"Aldhissla" is my favourite at the moment...
The rythm of the song is amazing....

Finntroll rulez!!!!!! I've discovered them some months ago, and i'm glad i did!!! that is the kinda music that makes you happy :)

Great stuff, I just picked up the album "Jaktens Tid" last week. I love the keyboard melodies that they use, can anyone give me tips/scales for how to play stuff like that on guitar or keyboards?

I sort of wish I knew what they were singing about though, but the music is so good that it really doesn't matter.

Since there are probably some Finntroll fans here that don't read the Vintersorg board I will post this here too.

The following is a message from Katla posted on the Finntroll board.....

Greetings fans!
yes, my voice is still gone... but! Now the doctors have found the cause for my problem. I have some kind of rare virus that affects the vocal chords, so the voice was not lost due to singing. The bad news are that there is no other treatment than surgery. Which I will attend before christmas.(hopefully) The surgery should take the disease away but it can renew itself. For the gigs in december I have a friend replacing me though. I´ve been sounding like Leonard Cohen for the last three months and hopefully I am soon back in business. Thanx for all the encouraging mails and forum notes. Keep your thumbs up and keep trollin´
Katla(Finntroll vox)

I have no idea who Fintroll is, but if they can inflict that kind of emotion I'll have to check them out.

Originally posted by NightFlier
I have no idea who Fintroll is, but if they can inflict that kind of emotion I'll have to check them out.

You really should! I don't know what type of bands
you're into, but if you're into Vintersorg there
is a small chance you'll get into Finntroll as well.
They are truly original anyway :eek:)

Actually I'm not too familiar with Vintersorg but nevertheless I am open-minded and like trying knew things.:)

I have only recently found Finntroll - and what a find. I'm adding them to my growing list of non-American metal bands that I like better than almost every American metal band (except for Nevermore and a few others).

blackspirit - i'll definitely check that record out. and i agree really that it is important to check out a substantial amount of a band's material in order to determine just how much you like them :)