Pod X3 is up on line6 now!

It will take a *LONG* time before any pedals use real impulses. Real-time impulses demand a lot of processing power. It has only recently become possible on normal desktop computers, so until pedals have Pentium 4 2.5 GHz or so equivalent processors in them, we won't see real-time impulses in full quality.

How about a Dual Core 500mhz Tiger Sharc? Will that do the trick? :heh:

I know something you don't ;)

Has anyone tried playing through their laptop as an impulse host or is it really that unreliable? I've never had one but plugging your guitar into revalver 2 or wagnersharp and guitarhack's impulses seems like a nice option instead of carrying tons of equipment.

I've pulled it off with my MacBook (Intel Core 2 Duo) with plenty of processor headroom to spare! Totally shweeeet. :headbang:

I'm still wondering why the fuck they never included a good intelligent harmonizer... :(

Same here. Boss Harmonist emulation would be nice - this comes in handy live, and it would be nice to have it saveable as presets, b/c it really sucks adjusting key between songs on a Harmonist pedal live (been there, done it.)

Same here. Boss Harmonist emulation would be nice - this comes in handy live, and it would be nice to have it saveable as presets, b/c it really sucks adjusting key between songs on a Harmonist pedal live (been there, done it.)

Absolutely!

It would be awesome if we could route on amp 1 a standard rig, and in the second rig, include a good harmonizer (not the one that comes with amplitube2, for example), a different amp, settings... It would be awesome live, as my rythm guitarrist doesnt' like soloing, he could do a brutal dual rythm (with the two pod X3 rigs, with a little delay between them, about 20ms to make it sound like 2 guitars...) so, it would be 4 guitar layers live!

OMG, I'm dreaming awake again :loco::lol:

Cheers!:headbang:

Torniojaws

You know,i have an ooold celeron 2.4 Ghz,and run chain like a tss->wagner sharp(max quality)->revalver2 with kitty poweramp->voxengo boogex with GH impulse in real time,without any audible delay,and other problems...
Plus-POD's cabs ARE impulses.
But-bad impulses...

hmm, when i run any impulse modelling i'm in latency hell, and i've got a p4 3,4ghz:cry:

I've got a POD X3 on loan from work for the next few days, I'll be doing a full comparison with my POD XT Live with model packs (both the metal shop and the bass pack).

I also spent the day demoing the new Spider Valve 112, it's amazing!! It has all of the feel that the normal Line 6 amps lack, next to the HD147 (ran them both into a Boogie 4x12) it's just moves so much more air!!

i have given up on line 6. they need to get there fingers out of there ass holes and actually put some effort into their next product instead of repackaging old technology. although the new spider valve might be interesting.

small contradiction there :lol:

an x3 spider valve would have been nice yes please!

I've got a POD X3 on loan from work for the next few days, I'll be doing a full comparison with my POD XT Live with model packs (both the metal shop and the bass pack).

I also spent the day demoing the new Spider Valve 112, it's amazing!! It has all of the feel that the normal Line 6 amps lack, next to the HD147 (ran them both into a Boogie 4x12) it's just moves so much more air!!

awesome man, do us some sound clips too!

Only digital output, and I'm not impressed so far.... i thought the best use for the dual channel thing would be to do the "on-axis, off-axis mic technique", but it's rubbish. For people without a POD already it's the perfect solution, and for guitarist starting out with recording I can think of nothing better for it's price but right this moment I'm not seeing anything we haven't had before.

The interface isn't bad, quite neat in fact, but I'm certainly not going to pick up the bean anytime soon. The X3 Live I can see selling much better, the FX loop and dual XLR outputs make it a great piece of kit for those looking for something a little more "pro" in it's connectivity.

Overall I'm dissapointed, I don't even feel the need to post clips right now seeing as you've all heard it before. With a LOT of tweaking it can coax some awesome sounds, but as I said before, they are nothing the current XT w/model packs can't do.

Edit: After a bit more playing around I'm actually quite liking the dual tone set-up, but I still can't justify purchasing this over my XT Live. I'm going to grab the Bass XT Pro for my live rig instead, since they don't seem to want to bring out a rack mounted version of the X3 anytime soon.

sorry to bring this thread back...i have a stupid question can you load xt patches into the x3?????

yes, but it seems that they don´t translate EXACTLY...............however i haven´t been able to test this myself

I'm actually quite liking the dual tone set-up, but I still can't justify purchasing this over my XT Live.

I just got a email from Line 6 saying that the POD XTL users can upgrade to the PODX3 although I don't see it being worth the time or money.

I had my X3 one for a month or so and sold it on eBay. It sounds exactly the same as my 129.- EUR Toneport UX1. If you didn't like the other PODs you will not like this one. Having two signal paths does not make things better only VERY complicated (no software yet!) to edit. I gave up trying to dial in an inspiring (metal) sound with my PODs (I had the POD 2.0, XT, Toneport and the X3) and switched to a real amp and a Palmer speaker emulator.

I like Pod X3...actually I cannot imagine better home studio tool. USB driver input routing is very handy. I'm using same presets as I used with XT.

I like the things to be simlple and X3 is simple tool.