portishead

pistol_pete said:
with all the talk of portishead round here i gave them a listen...
been listening to portishead - portishead

the vocals arent very nice to listen to are they?...annoying they are.......... are they different on other albums?

i like the title track of AND and the antimatter stuff(especially angelic and flowers) ...and i love everwake and pairsienne moonlight...
i need some more meloncholic songs with female vocals...
check out the first portishead album its better, and the 'live in NYC' DVD too. also listen to 'teardrop' a single released by massive attack, thats good. and the mediaeval baebes.

pagan2002 said:
check out the first portishead album its better, and the 'live in NYC' DVD too. also listen to 'teardrop' a single released by massive attack, thats good. and the mediaeval baebes.
havent seen the dvd, but the "Roseland Live NYC" album is fucking ace.. one of the best live albums i own. and the first album is better than the 2nd, as most people here mentioned.

yeah check out Massive Attack like Danny said, check out the "Mezzanine" album.. it's perfect when you're stoned.

I'd say also check out The Gathering, I'd recommend the semi-acoustic live album "Sleepy Buildings" - you will like it!