Possible new band members?

wbj08110 has a point. Opeth can take quite a while to get in to. I had the same opinion as you EmeticGore when i first heard them around 2002. My pal was stubborn though and insisted that i should borrow all their albums (MAYH-Deliverance) anyway. The only tracks i liked and listened to at first was like A Fair Judgement, The Drapery Falls and Harvest, but after 2-3 months I was hooked on all of it. I was really surprised by how fast my opinoin of a band could go from shit to amazing, since then i have had a more open mind to all the music i come across, and i have broaden my taste quite a bit since then.

Of course the range of metalheads obviously changes in many different ways.
Taste, style, and appreciation. I love all metal no matter what, but I enjoy certain types of musicians over others(go figure)

So instead of trying to convince me to listen too a band I have no interest in and never will. You should be doing the same to some of these punk/emo douchebags. The one's who actually need to be introduced to some decent music.

A true metal head`s taste evolves with time - at first i got in to rock, than nu metal, now death/black metal, in a few year hell knows what i may like :D

A true metal head`s taste evolves with time - at first i got in to rock, than nu metal, now death/black metal, in a few year hell knows what i may like :D

I just can not agree more! You just hit the spot my friend, and I have to say you just got me to reg in these forums just to comment this! :D

I started with punk-a-like music evolving to rock, and thus to metal, first some form of Hard Rock and eventually to Metal and then to Melo Death, from that to Black Metal and then Death Metal! And more from that, I have evolved with the bands and with their setup changes, and/or style changes. I just needed to say this! :headbang:

Oh and what comes to Opeth here, it has always been AWESOME! From Black Immortal Rose to Ghost Of Perdition, just awesome...and with from to I also mean Damnation, which is own kind of Opeth album,but also sooo brilliantly sawn together! As a band just god damn awesome, like Bloodbath in it's own genre!

EDIT!: Some think Opeth is just normal Melo Death band, as it is not, they have HEAVY, and I mean HEAVY influense from progressive rock, which makes theirs songs somewhat hard to get into just by one listening!

The band that got me listening to my radio non-stop was Metallica - The black album when I was 8. Then I went on a break from music and started listening again when I heard Korn and it stuck since... I'm not ashamed to say that my devotion and non-stop music obsession started with nu metal. It lead me to this point, and evolving my taste that way has kept my mind open.

I still love my old favourites just because they are part of what my ears like to hear still. Although I can't stand new stuff from the same bands I used to love, I just like the albums that grew on me back then.

I still love my old favourites just because they are part of what my ears like to hear still. Although I can't stand new stuff from the same bands I used to love, I just like the albums that grew on me back then.

totally agree. when i first started listening to music and got into it, i started listening to Korn. Believe it or not but they were the ones that got me into guitar! but i still find going back to the old 90's music pleasing to the ears. such as old Deftones, Korns first CD, incubus's S.C.I.E.N.C.E, Stone Temple Pilots' "Core", Rages First 2 CDs, Old Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam.

But then i can just go ahead and listen to all out brutal death metal. which is where bloodbath comes into play, and many others of course.

but basically my whole point with the Opeth thing is that listening to their music makes you extremely open to other styles and to not be embaressed about liking a style of music or band.

btw, The Talking Heads were a 70's band who pretty much played pop, but it was really talented catchy stuff. david byrne (the singer is a fucking genious) i recommend this band to everyone on the site.

Yeah what the fuck? calling our posts stupid? i think i can speak for most of us when i say we've all been posting at these forums for over a year now and wed rather not hear some newbie's negative comments. I mean you don't even know what we're all about.

Make a couple of posts, prove your worth, then maybe we'll take you more seriously. But until then, you can suck our nuts.