post metal?

Oh, that reminds me, I still haven't heard Virus. From what I read about their album Carheart it's a continuation of VBE's sound just stripped of all BM elements. Sounds interesting.

Also , are Korova(stupid name:p) any good?

I told Hubster this: Carheart is on my top ten albums of all time. love it (and everything else Czarl is involved in)

The following words in genre descriptions that cause we to immediatly disregard a band:

Melodic, darkwave, ambient, electronic, post, Nu, "core", screamo and "wave".

I remember listening to Isis albums and thinking "this is totally metal" and hearing some bands that are decidedly not metal and hearing a ton of Isis in them. I can accept these bands as post-metal. Having heard a few of the "post-hardcore" bands, I can see how Isis would pick up this tag. Yet, I can also accept how someone from an all metal background would see Oceanic or Panopticon as a metal album.

Post-black metal is a different story. We really should be thinking in terms of 3rd wave black metal by now. There are many bands we call black metal for lack of a better term, when they have one or two things in common with 2nd wave black metal, but are different enough that no one would ever confuse them with Norway '91-96. Even bands that we would never call avant-garde, like Drudkh, are pretty far removed from Norwegian BM nowadays. That stuff is 15 years ago. It's probably okay to come up with a genre tag for modern metal that has some BM characteristics, but is substantially different from 2nd wave BM.

goddammit there already is a "post black metal" thread.

*off to find it and merge*

edit: nevermind it wasn't a very good thread worth dredging up

i probably started that one too

i never really understood the "post" thing either, but it definitely characterizes a specific style
~gR~

i dont think he was calling them avant garde. but rather stating that even standard BM, by todays standards, is different than the norwegian bands of the 2nd wave
~gR~

post doom could maybe be bands like khanate. but then again, alot of "post metal" bands have a big doom influence.
~gR~

Never really listened to any of the bands listed in the first post. Don't mind post-rock along the lines of Godspeed You!, EITS and Red Sparowes though.

I am using this as the official Post-Metal thread for now...

The new Pyramids record is beyond amazing. Nothing can top this. It is like a strange mixture of Blut Aus Nord, Jesu, Boris, and Merzbow. Totally insane with multiple sides to it. Honestly this is beyond anything you have EVER heard.

I am using this as the official Post-Metal thread for now...

The new Pyramids record is beyond amazing. Nothing can top this. It is like a strange mixture of Blut Aus Nord, Jesu, Boris, and Merzbow. Totally insane with multiple sides to it. Honestly this is beyond anything you have EVER heard.

It's funny how you say something like this every week. It's probably generic shit.

Aren't they like a screamo/post-rock band?

No, it is more Avant-garde/post-rock/post-metal with some seriously strange sections that include fucked up versions of black metal. ot screamo at all. This is debut record so I hope you are not mixed up with a different Pyramid band.

Mathiäs;7210683 said:
It's funny how you say something like this every week. It's probably generic shit.

I know I say it a lot and it is hard to understand when I am really this excited about a band and this is the first time in a long while, since Interpol, I have been this excited about a band.

:lol:

when I saw this thread, I immediately thought the same thing as my previous post

goddammit there already is a "post black metal" thread.

*off to find it and merge*

edit: nevermind it wasn't a very good thread worth dredging up

glad I can rely on myself

on a side note, NEW VIRUS ALBUM THIS YEAR :headbang::kickass: