Post some clips of your playing

King Chaos said:
@wound: I dont think I have aim (I dont know what it is)... But I do have messenger, I wouldn't want you wasting your site space on me anyway. Thanks loads though, and sorry I didnt post earlier my internet has been bust:(. but its back now :)
hmm.. if you don't want to take that route go to www.angelfire.com and start up a website. once you upload the song you have to change the website somehow otherwise they say you are just using it for webspace... so just go and edit the html so it says "hi" or something.. then post the link here... angelfire doesn't allow direct linking but anybody with smarts can figure out to copy and paste the link :)

im getting ready to go through all these and listen, i can guarantee you that you all smoke me, but im curious what everybody thinks.

http://www.purevolume.com/theshowdown

this is my bands new demo, the majority of the leads and technical stuff is me, i dont know if posting a clip of the whole band is kosher but there you go. im curious how you guys think i could improve.josh.

Good stuff man, great playing - but I'm gonna guess you've heard this before: Damn, you guys love Shadows Fall. Not fer nuthin', but that chorus is more or less Crushing Belial, down to the dual vox, the feel, structure... Seriously, I like it, but it's a little derivative.

Love that lead break before the last chorus.

oneshotendsthiswar said:
im getting ready to go through all these and listen, i can guarantee you that you all smoke me, but im curious what everybody thinks.

this is my bands new demo, the majority of the leads and technical stuff is me, i dont know if posting a clip of the whole band is kosher but there you go. im curious how you guys think i could improve.josh.

thanks man, constructive criticism is always appreciated. yeah weve heard the shadows fall stuff before, which is funny cause i dont listen to them much. i think its just where i like a lot of old thrash stuff but our song structures tend to be more rock based. ive kinda learned to live with it, id rather be associated with them than with the majority of the (at the gates+breakdown=the only thing we play) metalcore bands out there.

oneshotendsthiswar said:
thanks man, constructive criticism is always appreciated. yeah weve heard the shadows fall stuff before, which is funny cause i dont listen to them much. i think its just where i like a lot of old thrash stuff but our song structures tend to be more rock based. ive kinda learned to live with it, id rather be associated with them than with the majority of the (at the gates+breakdown=the only thing we play) metalcore bands out there.

Heh, good call - and let's be honest, I'll sound exactly as much like ATG as ability and equipment allows. :p And seriously, you guys can play your asses off, keep it up.

King Chaos said:
http://www.audiostreet.net/artists/002/772/cerebral_torment.html

Theres three projects by me, just follow that link. Give me some feedback, cheerz. (The one called turillis quest is nothing like the others, its a melodic metal epic, other two are br00tal deathmetal tracks)

i dig this.

heres another clip of mine, its from a demo and there are some extra rhythm tracks that havent been erased so it sounds a little sloppy in spots. a lot more technical than the first one though.

http://www.appalcore.org/showdown/Showdown - 03 - Snakebit.mp3

oneshotendsthiswar said:

Well executed and very tight...I'm impressed, and you guys can fucking play dude. Good job...

USMC0341 said:
Good stuff Roy...the first 2 songs on your list had me reaching for my bass to lay down some Steve Harris lines...

I will always that style of playing...

Thanks!
Maiden influences are certainly there. Steve Harris is one one of my favourate bass players.

www.roysegers.com said:
Thanks!
Maiden influences are certainly there. Steve Harris is one one of my favourate bass players.

Quite welcome dude...Steve Harris is one of the biggest reasons I ever picked up a bass...Cliff Burton as well, mostly for his soloing and knowledge of theory...

JB

Wow... there's some outstanding talent in this thread. I'm a bit reluctant to post :) But hey, might as well join in... this stuff's out there for everyone to hear anyway. :) I've got two songs online that I think I'm most proud of, from a guitar playing standpoint:

Release Your Dreams

That one is a bit older, so the production isn't that nice, but it's not bad I guess. Need to redo it one of these days, as it's one of my favorites.

Seismonic Repercussions of Mayhemistic Mellowness

This is my latest song. I apologize in advance... it's an 11 minute long epic, so those of you on slow connections may want to pass on this one. The "interesting" guitar stuff doesn't start until about halfway through the song.

Comments and opinions are most welcome!

~Robert

I posted some links on here earlier this month, just above this post I think... I wanna get to 100 downloads by the end of the week on my Audiostreet account. If you can help me out Id be soooo happy. you can do this by going to the website and downloading, CEREBRAL TORMENT :Spam:

Thanks so much... plus, most people just download the top track and give feedback on that. However the middle track entitled "Turillis Quest" I've had zero feedback for... so if you can be arsed could you tell me what you thought of it?

Thanks loads for helping out \m/