Post samples of your playing

SpiritCrusherX

ManBearPig
Apr 5, 2003
Wilkes-Barre, PA
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, everyone on this forum seems really cool and knowledgable as far as music goes (otherwise, you wouldn't really be listening to Symphony X), so I thought it'd be neat for us to share our talent with others. So, post a sample of your playing, I know there are a lot of great guitar players/keyboardists here that are probably way better than me, so let's see what you've got!

Follow this link to go to my band's music page on Soundclick, and give a listen to Transcending The Walls Of Eternity. My solo starts just a little before the two minute mark. Hell, give the song a listen and tell me what you think of anything:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/deitypamusic.htm

Alright you bastard shredders, get posting!

NP: Adagio - From My Sleep...To Someone Else

I listened to your stuff Leslie and ı think your playing is great since ı am a beginner ı dont have any shit to post.I ll listen to your stuff soon too spirit crusherx.
What kindof amp did you use Leslie you got a fuckin heavy tone?

I'm working on a new instrumental, it should be finished in about a month or so. A couple of the guest guitarists aren't finished recording some of their own stuff, if not I would've finished it earlier.

I'll post it when it's finished.

SyXified said:
Where is a good place to post music easy and for free?
I'd also like to suggest another one...
interconnected
I'm not sure about the others, but this one allows deep linking, aka you can post a direct link on the forum, or your site, to the file you upload.
In the free membership, you can upload up to 10 songs in 128 or 192 kbps bitrate (not larger than 100mb alltogether), and one free video, too.

hey, soulshred

thanks! i'm glad you dig my stuff... as for my tone, i used a Vetta (same as mike romeo, heh heh), and used a combination of the Mesa Triple Rectifier simulation and the Bogner Uberschall simulation, running simultaniously. I also recorded direct into the board from the amp's direct outputs. For the majority of the CD, I used a custom ibanez 7string saber with some custom-wound DiMarzio Blaze pickups. When ordering, i had the manufacturer wind for boosted mids: gets me a little bit richer sound, especially since modern high-gain amp tones tend to have scooped mids.

Vlakey,

Yeah, I really dig ARK... they're one of my favorites, so if "Sea of Stars" reminds you of ARK, that's very cool with me. :D

RobbM said:
anyone know of any really good (FREE) Wav to MP3 converter programs? my old Mpeg suite program seems to crash when I try to...
try CDex
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/
it's one of the best freeware programs of that kind that I found, you can use it for grabbing audio cds into wav or mp3, and you can also convert existing wav files to mp3 (and vice versa)

SevenString said:
Vlakey, Yeah, I really dig ARK... they're one of my favorites, so if "Sea of Stars" reminds you of ARK, that's very cool with me. :D
;)

Hey Vlakey, you should post some of that other stuff you recorded. Rondo alla Turca or that jazzy/fusion you did. I'm telling you folks, this guy owns.:worship:

Seven String: I listened to "Ancient Signs," and that's some pretty crazy shredding you've got goin on there, and the song is awesome too! Did you say you played all the instruments? That's goddamn impressive!

Vlakey: I assume you like what you heard from me :). I heard your "Of Sins And Shadows" solo, and I was blown away man, keep it up.

SpiritCrusherX said:
Vlakey: I assume you like what you heard from me :). I heard your "Of Sins And Shadows" solo, and I was blown away man, keep it up.
You assume well :headbang:
thanks!
Dado-x said:
Hey Vlakey, you should post some of that other stuff you recorded. Rondo alla Turca or that jazzy/fusion you did. I'm telling you folks, this guy owns.:worship:
Ok, here it goes... :)
if you're interested, give some stuff a hear...
just...
I don't wanna leave the impression I'm bragging, or something like that, cause I'm always leaving some links to my playing...lol

Jingle Spikes
(a heavy version of the Jingle Bells theme)

O Turci Ne Gaz'te Oranja
(a double-kicked Rondo Alla Turca)

Lying Jam
(a track from a competition in J.Rudess forum, it's backing is a looped DT's "Lie" riff, and my soloing has several references to that song, including the LaBrie chorus imitation, and Petrucci's solo at the end...)

and here are the links to those I already posted (to keep them all at the same place...)

Of Sins And Solos

Scarred

And I don't consider myself being as good as you present me, Dado-X... :oops:
but thanks... it keeps me going... :)

I was testing my computer's line in with this, it's a bass version of the "Damnation Game" intro, a little bit wrong, because it was a little time ago... enjoy!
ps.: rename the ".dkx" to ".mp3"... the server was blocking the mp3 file :tickled: :Smug:
Damnation Game