Post yer suggestions for new vocalist

feeding_the_undead said:
never leave Cannibal Corpse?... i actually perfer he leaves... and if ur such a Corpsegrinder fan.. you would know he is also in a band called Paths of Possession..
And if you are such a Corpsegrinder fan, you would know that he is not in that band... he is friends with them and helped them with the record, but he is not a member. He has done some shows with them too, but, once again, he is not a member.

Paths of Possession are not really like Cannibal Corpse, but I do like the album.

IMO I don't think the dude from CC would fit the band, or be able to perform the black metal type screeches done on songs such as "eaten". I think asking Mike to come back would be great! but i really can't think of anyone else who could pull of the screeches and the growls (partly because i'm new to this genre) so meh. thought i'd get my opinion in lol

Peter said he would as a non-permanent member meaning just going to the studio and doing vocals, it's just up to the guys!

Tumn said:
Peter said he would as a non-permanent member meaning just going to the studio and doing vocals, it's just up to the guys!
That would be good and all, because I liked his vocals on the last record, but Bloodbath need a real vocalist who records and tours and is dedicated to the project.

Flal said:
Cannibal Corpse are fucking awsome, but corpsegrinder sucks...Barnes fucking rules

How so? Barnes is inconsistent, overly raspy, and he sounds like a dying anmal. Not at all like Corpsegrinder. He's an archetypical death metal vocalist.

corpsegrinder is better than Barnes, but corpse released the bleeding which IMO out does most of corpsegrinders stuff lol. but yeah neither of them are bad vocalists but Barnes isn't as clear as Fisher, and barnes can sound quite repetitive

Riryoku said:
How so? Barnes is inconsistent, overly raspy, and he sounds like a dying anmal. Not at all like Corpsegrinder. He's an archetypical death metal vocalist.

Barnes is a ledgend. Corpsegrinders vocals have no depth....at least with barnes, it's fun to listen too lol Plus Barnes is unique, Fisher is too plain

If bloodbath is going to get someone known, i think they should get someone from the good ol' death metal days (what they're making a tribute to). Dave Vincent (one of my idols along with Chuck Billy and Mikael Akerfeld) or Steve Tucker would do an amazing job. What is Dave doing these days anyways?

I was also thinking, instead of having people that have the same style as Mike or Peter why not something different? Like Covan from decapitated's style. If you listen to Organic Hallucinosis he has like a midrange growl with tonality. I didn't like it at first but i have to say, it's pretty original and it's grown on me.