Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Max Cavalera (OLD)

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Neither I hate Sepultura!

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Who the Fuck is Sepultura?

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Do you really read "brazilians are associated with darker skin color." to mean "All Brazilians are black"?
Dude, then you have either deep-seated problems with logical thinking or really need to ask your english teacher for extra lessons.

argh! is it so hard to understand!?
maybe im getting all wrong...but wtf!
ahn..my english pretty suck as u can see...but i think i can understand that
and what im trying to say
that the stupid part is to associate everyone here to darker skin color when most of the people are white...at least where i live...in other regions the things are a little different
argh! im afraid that people will understand my argument as something like...
"ARRGHH! DID U CALL ME A my pals?!?!"
im not offended (does this word really exists?)...but in dont like the generalization part!

Maybe you're right about the generalization, heh ;)

Anyway, I'm too tired to lead that discussion now, cu all tomorrow

Originally posted by Silent Downfall
im assuming that was directed towards me.

brazilians are associated with darker skin color.

not all whites are white. it's called a "generalization." does brazil lack in english teachings?

Do you know what the word "miscigenation" means? If you lack on history studies, Brazil used to be a Portuguese colony, so that means there are a lot of European looking people here. And if you go to the South of Brazil, everybody will look German to you.

But that's not my point. Please spare us from your racist comments.

brazilians are associated with darker skin color.

By whom?

Dude, we are the most miscigenated nation in the world.
We have white people, black people, asians, indians, mullatos, everything you can imagine.
So you can't say "oh, he's not white, he's brazilian" because brazilian is a person that was born here. It has nothing to do with race, color, religion... so in my view that's a pretty dumb statement to be made.

I would never say "all americans are dumb". Even if 90% of the population was dumb, there was still 10% to know how to point Africa in a world map turned upside down :p

so i'll just rephrase my first post, so everyone can understand my point:

Agressive looks are good for agressive bands. Since neither Max or Derrick sing, they just scream, let's have the best one selected with the agression-looks factor.

cavaleramax.jpg

is less agressive looking than

derrick.jpg

so i like

derrick.jpg

better.

easier to get?

Originally posted by ¤Killin
As far as I can see it, there was nothing racistical in SD comment, maybe he lacked some knowledge about Brazil, but he didn't mean it in racistical way. If you still think otherwise, please proove it with some quote and explanation of how you perceive it. Thank you very much

You're welcome, NV:)

"Not all whites are white" sounded very racistical to my ears. Both of us are living in different cultures so we may have a different concept of what's racist and what's not. I apologize if I may have offended you, but that's my point of view and I don't plan on getting any further in this, which wouldn't be nice anyway with SD:D

We're such a nice folk, aren't we ;)
Heh I'm surprised you read "Not all whites are white" to be racistical... I read it as a differentiation. And you could also have read "He's not white, he's brazilian" to be a compliment :p
But we are way offtopic here... :D

Originally posted by ¤Killin
Do you know what the word "miscigenation" means? If you lack on history studies, Brazil used to be a Portuguese colony, so that means there are a lot of European looking people here. And if you go to the South of Brazil, everybody will look German to you.

Killin, tirou as palavras da minha boca.
Muito boa!

German and even polish, mainly here in Curitiba.
Brazilians are a mixture of different races.