• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
some smw news that some of you might be interested in... :

===

Tangled Thoughts of Leaving + sleepmakeswaves announce split LP

The decision to have Tangled Thoughts of Leaving and sleepmakeswaves co-exist on a single piece of polycarbonate was made on the spur of the moment, without much thought for time or expense. But like most good ideas, it has developed a momentum all of its own, with all involved spending the last few months zealously writing and recording to see the split out by early 2009.

The release will find both bands delving deeper into their latent electronic influences and refining their songwriting, with Tangled's dark experimentalism offsetting the cinematic exuberance of the sleepmakeswaves half. But most significantly, the split will foreshadow bigger and better things for both groups. It will be a precursor to Tangled Thoughts of Leaving's debut full-length, slated for late 2009, and a similar sleepmakeswaves release that exists in the more distant future. Release details, tracklisting and artwork coming soon.

www.myspace.com/ttol www.sleepmakeswaves.com

bmm017.jpg
Solitude Productions (BadMoodMan Music) presents band Alley with their debut album "The Weed"! Young but professional musicians offer for all lovers of hard and smart music perfect mix of progressive and death metal in best traditions of Opeth and Daylight Dies. Bright compositions, professional playing and high quality of record make Alley a part of circle of bright representatives of Russian hard scene.

^ Thanks! You can easily find torrent link for the whole album. I do not post it here to be honest :)

Hi,
I've just put up a cover of Patterns in the Ivy II. I'd like to get some feedback.

Thanks,
The Splendor Hyaline

Last edited by a moderator:
^Not bad! Vocals are quite nice and the guitar lines have a nice smooth mysterious legato feel. The most important thing of course is capturing the spirit of the original and I think you've succeeded admirably.

ah, sorry 'bout that...i came to the conclusion that the quality of the recording was a lil' bit too bad, and might scare of people that might potentially be interested about our music :D

^not bad. do i hear mikael's vocals in the background?

I'm having trouble finding out what the time signature(s) is(are) on this track ... I'ld have serious trouble knowing when to start singing ...

^not bad. do i hear mikael's vocals in the background?

I'm having trouble finding out what the time signature(s) is(are) on this track ... I'ld have serious trouble knowing when to start singing ...

his voice is there, but the original audio has been lowered a lot so it's hard to hear it behind my voice...

you're right about the timing... the trickiest parts were: "in a moment of truth" and "drawing fluid from me"

the funnest part was trying to get the effects right on the different parts :D

Hello,

We are Lamentations, tribute to opeth, from QUEBEC CITY, CANADA.
This is an attempt to reach out to a local fan who would be interested to sing in our tribute band (CLEAN ONLY). I know most of you don't speak french, but here everybody speaks french so I'll simply post our french text :

------------------------------------------------------

CHANTEUR CLEAN RECHERCHÉ

LAMENTATIONS
Hommage à Opeth
http://www.myspace.com/lamentationstribute

Bonjour,

Nous avons pris la décision de chercher un chanteur clean, pour élever notre hommage d’un niveau.

Qui nous sommes…
Nous sommes dans les débuts vingtaine et sommes présentement composés d’un chanteur death/back vocaliste/claviériste, deux guitaristes, un bassiste et un drummer. Nous avons un beau local aux Studios de musique de Québec et nous sommes bien équipés. Nous avons plus de 2 heures de matériel complété, de tous les albums de Opeth, et avons quelques petites expériences de shows. Nous pratiquons ensemble depuis près de 3 ans, une fois par semaine, les dimanches soirs pour l’instant.

Notre but…
Notre objectif n’est évidemment pas de faire des dizaines de shows par année. On mise sur la qualité plutôt que la quantité. L’ambiance dans le groupe est très amicale et notre but est de se faire du fun entre chums, tout en bâtissant un projet intéressant. Nous n’avons pas l’intention de poursuivre ceci de nombreuses années mais nous voulons au moins faire plusieurs shows au Québec, dès ce printemps si tout va bien avec le nouveau chanteur. Nous ferons possiblement des compos par la suite, mais ce n’est pas pour tout de suite.

Ce que l’on recherche…
Un chanteur clean sérieux, qui aime bien sûr la musique de Opeth, et qui a une vision semblable à la nôtre. Être aussi guitariste acoustique serait un excellent atout quoi que pas nécessaire du tout. Être disponible pour pratiquer à peu près toutes les semaines et avoir un équipement de base.

Ça t’intéresse ou tu as des questions? On attend de tes nouvelles!
Merci

Email : lamentations_qc@hotmail.com ou myspace

------------------------------------------------------

TO MODERATOR :
I posted this in the Non-Opeth section of the forum because I didn't know if it is "Opeth related" enough and didn't want to load the Opeth section with something that isn't suppose to be there but if it can be, I would really appreciate it if you would move it to the Opeth section, thank you!