What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Harlequin Forest said:
Hello everyone,

Thought I might as well whore my band here in hope that we might actually attract some fans!

We are THAT HIDEOUS STRENGTH and we hail from the UK. We are very much inspired by the mighty Opeth, but we are not a clone or will ever try to be.

Basically, if you like your metal a little more on the Opeth side of things I think you will like us.

OFFICIAL SITE www.thsmetal.com

MYSPACE www.myspace.com/thsmetal

Oh, and please, if you like us, then add us on your myspace page or visit our FORUMS on our site and say hi!

BTW - We know that our current demo sounds shit, that's why we are recording a new one in a couple of months. If you like what you hear, stay tuned, cos we are going to make this new demo sound amazing and do our music some real justice.

The THS crew.

This is excellent stuff! Amazing vocals. I'll be watching you lot!

I went to their show on Saturday the 22nd. And they played with some other bands I don't even know what they are called. lol. However Clad in Darkness may as well been playing the show themselves. They sounded so good, Talk about original sound. Lets say you mix up the following bands , Agalloch, Opeth, and Pink Floyd = amazingly original. Dark, and Bluesy. The vocalist a gut wrenching black metal growl, the drums fast and incredibly difficult, the Bass strong and unique, and then there are the guitars, blues meets metal, a nice clean sound, not that horrid banging on the instruments we are so used to hearing these days.
If you get a chance I really think you should check them out. you can hear and support them at www.myspace.com/cladindarkness

michellesghost ©

Hi everyone, i'm a newbie of the opeth forum. do show support for this band from Singapore (currently relocated to melbourne)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...&MyToken=f98f62ab-4a91-4eb5-9bc7-26f878109d36

Vast combination of influences from Katatonia / Opeth / Edge of sanity / Rapture / Iron Maiden / Dissection etc etc etc

we're currently on the works of some new trx so stay tuned!!

and yes went to both of opeth's recent melbourne gigs (saw them 5 times already!!!) and its truely AWESOME!!!! damn now my ingers are itching....

Hi everyone, i'm a newbie of the opeth forum. do show support for this band from Singapore (currently relocated to melbourne)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...&MyToken=f98f62ab-4a91-4eb5-9bc7-26f878109d36

Vast combination of influences from Katatonia / Opeth / Edge of sanity / Rapture / Iron Maiden / Dissection etc etc etc

we're currently on the works of some new trx so stay tuned!!

and yes went to both of opeth's recent melbourne gigs (saw them 5 times already!!!) and its truely AWESOME!!!!

Jason

Tapestry said:
Man, that is some good stuff. It's kind of kick back and relax sometimes but have some nice heavy parts =) I think I hear some Katatonia in there and I look forward to hear the vocals. What instrument do you play?
I play drums. And thanks for the compliments. We've put a lot into this band. So far 2 of the songs have vocals, and we're very happy with how theyre coming out. We look to be playing out in the next months. Hey if you like my band, you'd probably like my friend kevin's band as well. It's called the hawthorne effect (myspace.com/thehawthorneeffect). They just dropped about 8 grand in the studio recording a 4-song EP and it came out killer. Check them out too.

Bill

We are an NZ based prog extreme metal band. There are a few tracks up on soundclick.com/amidsthaze and more are on their way as we plan on recording within the next few months.

- Grasp the oars and row

Ok, time to spam my bands...

http://www.myspace.com/bandne1... NE1! I produce this band, i write 90% of the material and the lyrics and live i do the sampling, beats and synths! Debut-album went to the manufacterer yesterday, so it should be ready in 2 weeks! Really proud of it, the final master sounds amazing and the artwork looks simply stunning!! Can't wait!!
Style is kinda rock mixed with electronical styles like dance, nowhere near metal, but really cool to do!! Check it out... MP3's on the site come straight from the album!

http://www.myspace.com/bandinside4walls.. Inside4Walls! I play the drums in this band.. Style is between rock and metal, kinda progressive.. MP3's are recorded in our rehearsal-area during rehearsal and therefore sound like crap, but it's a little taste of our music anyway :)

Hey,

My name is Deepak and I play for a band from Bangalore, India called Shrapnel. I am currently in London and the band is on a hiatus, but we did record an album called "Intellectual Pursuit" before this suspended phase.

Maiden were a strong motivating factor behind me writing those songs (long ones )and playing with my band, so I would love to see what fellow Maiden fans think of it!

You can check out /download 4 tracks here:

http://www.myspace.com/shrapnelindia

Any feedback appreciated. This is the album cover.

cover_hires.jpg

www.myspace.com/theburdenband

Please check it out and post your feedback either here or on myspace. We're a young band deriving from Stockholm's suburbs, just finished our first demo. Among our influences are Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Jeff Buckley, Paatos, Anekdoten and so forth... This is probably not audible but still. o_O
Be nice! Also, Rorschach is kind of like Harvest every now and then. Yes, intentionally. MIKE PLZ READ THIS WE LUV YUO!111