Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
I thought the opposite, it sounds horrible to me. That thing is compressed horribly, not just loudness war style compression, but amateur "what does this thing do again?" style compression that you hear nooblets do all the time.

Everyone who thinks this is mixed well, now I see why no one really cares about the loudness wars and mp3. :erk:

:edit: btw, you can tell this isn't professionally done because it was never touched by a mastering engineer, this has no brick wall limiting that you will find on pretty much every cd out there now, the mp3 hasn't even been normalized, and in fact is peaking at .79db over 0.

So true. I actually checked if I was listening to the same file as everybody else because people were saying it sounds good :erk:

HA, don't know if anyone else made this connection.

Deep Throat is what they called the man who revealed secrets to the washington post reporters about the watergate scandal, because he was their 'deep information guy' he was always an anonymous source.

anyways, downloading right now...

:loco: Love you <3

:p I just thought that part of the song sounded so much like Opeth it could pass as a "sample" from an Opeth song.

To the one who found that it's Axamenta: :( Ignorance is bliss! It's so painful to wait for the new album, even if it's 3 months away.

By the way, the song on MySpace is not the full version, the real song is 6:09.

fuck you. :mad:

This just goes to show people are not objective when (they think) they hear a new song from a favourite artist... that sounded bad!

I thought it sounded great, and I stand by that. Once I heard the whole thing, I was a bit disappointed, particularly by the vocals. And what seemed like it was going to crush at the end of that clip did not resolve in the myspace version nearly the way I would have expected it to were the band actually Opeth.

FTR, I don't really think anyone here is backtracking and saying that they think the clip sucks now that it isn't Opeth. Instead, they are disappointed because, while bands may have Opeth-like moments, there really is no substitute for the real thing.

Didn't think it was Opeth, I recall reading an interview with Mike that said the guitar was back to standard E tuning (and that 'sample' sounded way too low for E), although wether it actually is or not is anyones guess at the moment.

Why should anyone have guessed? Any dude with a guitar at his reach can see it's B tuning..

Avatar is a rather new metalband from sweden who plays in the Death/melodic death metal genre. The band has won numerous awards in competitions all over sweden and played with band such as In Flames, Megadeth, Obituary, Stone sour and more.

They have released there second album witch is called Shlacht and it´s a totall blast!

So surf in to there myspace if you wanna listen to some songs from they´r new album Shlacht.

http://www.myspace.com/avataronline

http://www.avatar.net/

Hey guys, for all of you that are interested in 5.1 surround mixes!

Made a quick demonstration song, a bit under a minute, very drum centric with bass guitar taking the main melody.

Its in .FLAC format for easy downloading, if you have WinAmp, it will play it in surround (as long as its turned on in the options), if not, you can download it for free.

http://cid-504d40012a69c835.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Surround Jam.flac

I tried something new with the bass on this actually, I ran the neck pickup through the center channel with most of the lower frequencies filtered, then placed the bridge pickup in the front two stereo channels. I thought it gave the transitions between strings a cool effect. Also, I mixed the rear channels a bit quieter then I normally like personally, but it seems most people I get feedback from prefer the rear channels rather quiet, and I suppose is more standard.

Anyway, enjoy.

hey there ,1st i want to thank u all for this forums,i am a new member here and this is my 1st post , a lot of major and international bands has been a big influence to our local bands in middle east, and one from those major bands were OPETH the band that influenced bilocate "www.bilocate.net" Bilocate is a doom death metal band formed in the mid 90s and done a lot of covers for one of their big influences OPETH and here is some of the links for their covers and i would like to know what do u think about this covers
"BiLocate - The Grand Conjuration (Opeth Cover) in Egypt"
"Bilocate - The Grand Conjuration - (Opeth Cover) jamming "

Last edited by a moderator: