Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Hey dudes, I'm guessing most Opeth fans aren't really into funk. But I had an awesome gig playing yesterday... Hope you like it :0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbIyq5DiXas

Sorry the sound quality has to suck, it's a small cam... the sound at the gig itself was actually superb!

I'm the trombone player.

More vids in my channel.

excellent stuff, you can tell it was a great performance & sound live.

I like the drum sound on your songs, Opethian. I've read on your myspace that it is a solo project, is it a drum machine? If it is, then nice programming, if it is not, well, great job recording it. I prefer this song to the other one you posted.
My opinion on the song(s): they are good, good job composing and playing. But I wouldn't buy a record with those on it: they are lacking... a certain something, call it atmosphere, call it magic, I don't really know what it is, but it doesn't leave me wanting more.
Nothing personal man, I'm just trying to be as constructive as possible ;)

I like the drum sound on your songs, Opethian. I've read on your myspace that it is a solo project, is it a drum machine? If it is, then nice programming, if it is not, well, great job recording it. I prefer this song to the other one you posted.
My opinion on the song(s): they are good, good job composing and playing. But I wouldn't buy a record with those on it: they are lacking... a certain something, call it atmosphere, call it magic, I don't really know what it is, but it doesn't leave me wanting more.
Nothing personal man, I'm just trying to be as constructive as possible ;)

Thanks for commenting! The drums aren't exactly programmed, I just use a library of short drum loops that I can take short bits of and paste them together. I don't really understand how the songs could be lacking in atmosphere (I thought that was the best point of my music), but of course that's where musical preferences and subjective experience come into play (unless there's something specific you think I could make an effort to improve, for instance, some melodies are too cliché or there should be more layering etc...). Maybe it's simply a result of the tracks having no vocals, which can really amplify an atmosphere, or maybe we just like different kinds of atmospheres. But anyway, any comments help, I'd rather have negative comments showing me what I can do to improve than a bunch of dishonest positivism, or no comments at all. :headbang:

Atmosphere really is the most subjective things to music, no doubts about that. The feeling I get from your songs is more... mathematical, if you get what I'm saying. For example, I've been listening to Alcest now, and I can tell you that Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde totally bleeds atmosphere.
Your songs and Alcest's are totally different genres anyway, and in some places there are some cool atmospheric moments, which for the "instrumental prog metal" or whatever it is it's a great thing, since I always found atmosphere to be lacking in this kind of music.
Anyway, I feel that maybe it's me, I'm just not too fond of this kind of music, though I try to be as broadminded as possible and accept every genre.
Keep on rocking though! :headbang:

That sounded great. Spectacular job.

Glad you liked it! :)
Now I may have done a horrible thing, I added vocals to it while I don't really have a decent voice :ill:. If somebody could tell me if the vocals are "interesting" rather than shitty, I'll also post the vocal containing version on my myspace, but for now I need some opinion(s) on whether I'd better leave it instrumental.

The link is still the same: http://www.users.skynet.be/dafreak/Freedom.mp3

Our band Medicated got our new demo "Magnum for Amen" out just a couple of days ago. The music is metal with mostly growls/screaming but some clean vocals also, and it's pretty aggressive. Go and check out the songs at our myspace: http://www.myspace.com/medicatedd

Scream for GOD......now thats a song right there.....technical and yet melodic at the same time....i aso liek the grwls....really well done.....not a huge fan of the whole....grosl line and then singing line...but u guys do it well...even better than many pro bands out tehre.....im def. likeing ure band.....great songs guys...love teh musicmanship.....very very talented bunch.....PEAC EOUT

Two months ago I had recorded a cover of The Drapery Falls. The only equipment I have is my amp, and I plug its headphone output directly into the computer (onboard sound card ftw), so the recording quality is truly awful. The drums and bass are off of Guitar Pro's RSE, and I've recorded all the guitars. I think my playing is decent but I really need a good recording equipment. Actually I need ANY recording equipment :D

http://rs52.rapidshare.com/files/129569302/The_Drapery_Falls.mp3

VIDEO : Just thought Id share a live practise vid.....we practise at our lead guitarist house.......so this was a clip filmed at hihs place........we got a couple shows comin up .....so just warmin up......hope u guys enjoy it........PEAC EOUT

"Bring you down"

[ame]http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=42654825[/ame]