Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Couple of cool riffs in there but sometimes the guitar parts where either wondering off or were mashed together with no real cohesion. The clean part wasn't massively convincing but the riff after that was the best bit I reckon... not bad.

Currently at 1:30, for now I don't really like the riffs, maybe one or two were fine, but there seem to be no coherence. The accoustic part isn't convincing me at all.

Now at 3:30, there have been a couple riff that were good, but I would like to ear that with drum and everything, because its hard to catch it. It reminds me a little bit of Orchid and Morningrise.

4:30, the accoustic part is entering in a strange maneer, strange part too heh! Could be great with a real sound.

6:00, overally your song doesn't looks like Opeth at all, maybe one or two riffs, but I think it's more wierd. Your transitions look almost random to me.

8:15, there, it's done. I'm stressed now after listening to it. The main riff is like... don't know. I would really like to see it with a real sound and drum (etc.), because right now it doesn't sound pretty good. Keep going.

Hmm... instead of being offended, take the time to appreciate my Pulp Fiction reference, and to better your skill with the English language.

What you're saying about my language is totally pointless. And why should I listen to someone who doesn't have any respect when talking to someone else. As far as I can remember, I didn't offend you, so why do you offend me.

EDIT: Never seen Pulp Fiction.

How about this? Only four minutes or so, and no midi - it's a mp3!! :p

http://rapidshare.com/files/137877164/hi.mp3.html

Never mind the shit recording quality. And the first 1.30 minutes. (which sucks) After that I think it becomes... at least more creative with the acoustic part.

As for the "Insane Expectation", I think the lack of drums makes some of the riffs much harder to understand (not that mine has a really clear production, but :p). Even a really simplistic percussion would add greatly to that song. Nice riffing, by the way.

Heh I found it pretty nice, but the accoustic part is just exactly like the Damnation song, Closure, in (almost) every points, but it was generally good. I just feeled like there was no real creativity and was entirely inspired from Opeth. So yeah, this song has its place in this thread.

Me? Ripping off??? NEVER!!! :p

Yeah, it's very much like the Closure acoustic part (actually when I was writing that part I wasn't thinking of Closure at all [I realized it when I was going to add drums :D] but since I listen to Opeth massively it must have been something in the subconscious), but then a lot of riffs Akerfeldt writes can be related to other bands' works as well. Maybe not as much as this, though, I'll admit that. I'll also admit it's simple and in places, too predictable, but that's a problem because this is an Opeth forum and Opeth relies on unpredictability :)

How about this? Only four minutes or so, and no midi - it's a mp3!! :p

http://rapidshare.com/files/137877164/hi.mp3.html

Never mind the shit recording quality. And the first 1.30 minutes. (which sucks) After that I think it becomes... at least more creative with the acoustic part.

As for the "Insane Expectation", I think the lack of drums makes some of the riffs much harder to understand (not that mine has a really clear production, but :p). Even a really simplistic percussion would add greatly to that song. Nice riffing, by the way.

i really liked it

i checked out ur second one, but as many people have pointed out in another thread im not the biggest fan of heavy opeth so maybe you should disregard what i say

i found alot of those phrases with straight power chords got kinda boring, as did the thrashy sounding low e segments. i saw some 6ths in there too to be fair, but imo power chords and octaves they get boring fast - especially since they are in pretty much the standard positions (most of the time). my advice is, maybe try changing it up and adding some less used chords, you could try using a sus4 chord which sounds kind of evil, or a diminished triad and take off the root for better switching ease. maybe try inversions (works alot better in triads than in power chords.) but yeh, just remember im not a big fan of power chords in the first place, so instead u could maybe change the position around or add in some tensions to the chord?

i thought the string skipping section was nice, maybe a little too high tempo but still sounds good. are you going to put any leads or solos in?

sorry i skimmed through it quickly, i dont have very much constructive information for you other than that

i checked out ur second one, but as many people have pointed out in another thread im not the biggest fan of heavy opeth so maybe you should disregard what i say

i found alot of those phrases with straight power chords got kinda boring, as did the thrashy sounding low e segments. i saw some 6ths in there too to be fair, but imo power chords and octaves they get boring fast - especially since they are in pretty much the standard positions (most of the time). my advice is, maybe try changing it up and adding some less used chords, you could try using a sus4 chord which sounds kind of evil, or a diminished triad and take off the root for better switching ease. maybe try inversions (works alot better in triads than in power chords.) but yeh, just remember im not a big fan of power chords in the first place, so instead u could maybe change the position around or add in some tensions to the chord?

i thought the string skipping section was nice, maybe a little too high tempo but still sounds good. are you going to put any leads or solos in?

sorry i skimmed through it quickly, i dont have very much constructive information for you other than that

Thanks for the advices and I am defiantly using sus4.

very nice koi, i liked your singing too! :)

i remember that at the gates song from a while ago, its really nice gj, but why didnt you cover all of benighted?