Post your DOMINANCE in UT2004!

I'm having trouble with this lol. I had Torlan down from playing it so much. Now I feel like a newb on the new ONS maps. I don't know where I'm going half the time and only rank about 3rd on my team on average :(

Whats the secret to getting big points on ONS?

Final_Vision said:
I'm having trouble with this lol. I had Torlan down from playing it so much. Now I feel like a newb on the new ONS maps. I don't know where I'm going half the time and only rank about 3rd on my team on average :(

Whats the secret to getting big points on ONS?
just practice and get to know the maps first with bots. after that, the big secret to ONS relies on a mix of 3 things: Aggression, speed, and strategy. Always grab the nearest vehicle you can find and rush to the nodes, your main focus. the manta is your best bet, its fastest, and easiest to kill people with, and it destroys the nodes quickly. as soon as you die, repeat, just keep hitting them as fast as you possibly can. at the beginning, you want to be able to hit their primary node (the one connected to their core) as fast as you can, so one person should rush to the first node while others go to others to build them immediately when they are available. as soon as their primary node is vulnerable, rush it and hit it with everything you got. once you are in control of it, the other team is fucked. the earlier the better. most people spend too much time at the beginning hanging around their own area and taking their time. don't worry about all the nodes around your base at first, just take their primary as soon as humanly possible. once you do you can get the others no problem while attacking their node and core. you just can't let up, HIT THAT PRIMARY NODE QUICKLY! thats the big ONS secret.

Just now:

ons-1.jpg

Thanks a lot for the tips Sunlapse. I'll take all those into consideration when I play here in a bit :D I need to practice a lot.

Ok, I know F9 is to take screenshots right? But where do I find the screen shots. I just got the highest score in two games of ONS and now I have nothing to show for em :erk:

Final_Vision said:
Thanks a lot for the tips Sunlapse. I'll take all those into consideration when I play here in a bit :D I need to practice a lot.

Ok, I know F9 is to take screenshots right? But where do I find the screen shots. I just got the highest score in two games of ONS and now I have nothing to show for em :erk:
The =UM= clanner's word is as good as a screenshot my friend. :)

I'd post that cool thumbs-up guy I had in another thread here but....meh...my sister's AOL isn't really suited to such endeavors. =(

Thats what I figured, but all I have in there is "System", "Sound", "Speech", "StaticMeshes" and thats about it.

@SculptedCold: haha thanks man. I rarely top games so I'd like to savor my moment of triumph. I still dont know how you guys rack up those 100+ scores...I topped the games with 85 both times.

Shot00036.bmp

this game was one of the best games ive ever played.... ONS-Dria games are always so epic...... i love that map, even the music has such an epic feeling to it

Shot00034.jpg

and this one's also noteworthy for my 762 PPH :cool: considering the average player's is around 150

Yeah, very impresive Sunlapse!

I just had one of the better games I've had since the retail came out, sure it was a short match, but 629PPH!

ons-2.jpg

ons-2a.jpg

Was a fun game....

Hey Sunlapse, we had a few nice exchanges the other day! ;)

I hate how every time you start a new map, you're automatically sperated from teammates.

I don't know... Every time we've played and I've jumped teams, the next match we play we're seperated. I generally see you and myself on the top of the list, like it's sorting us somehow.

Think we should pick a color?

I've been pretty stuck to blue ever since I started playing the demo so I make it a point to start blue each time the game begins.

I'd post some pics but I still don't know where my screen shots are :p

xenophobe said:
I don't know... Every time we've played and I've jumped teams, the next match we play we're seperated. I generally see you and myself on the top of the list, like it's sorting us somehow.
hmm.... maybe it calculates stats during the game and sorts the best players out evenly for the next match? :cool:

Edit: I figured out how to do screenshots :D. I had to hit the stupid f-lock key on my keyboard.

I got an ONS-Redplanet game I topped ready for posting when I figure out how to access my webspace here on UM :D

BTW: Are scores like 150 that Sunlapse gets from games with multiple rounds or is he completely pwning everyone and doing that in one game :ill:

Final_Vision said:
Edit: I figured out how to do screenshots :D. I had to hit the stupid f-lock key on my keyboard.

I got an ONS-Redplanet game I topped ready for posting when I figure out how to access my webspace here on UM :D

BTW: Are scores like 150 that Sunlapse gets from games with multiple rounds or is he completely pwning everyone and doing that in one game :ill:
Well, Sunlapse is fucking badass. I have my moments, but he's a notch above me (even though I have a longer killing spree :hotjump: :p ), and I have no problems admitting that. He pwns most games.

The scoreboard in multi-scene games is at the top, you'll see 4-0 or 3-1 or whatever... the big number at the top of your team column is how many games have been won at that point.

Tanith! Doing great bro! We've got a pretty good team clan going here I think. :D