Post your DOMINANCE in UT2004!

NeverDying said:
I've played a couple of onslaught with Sculpted Cold this morning, they were pretty nice game
yeah they weren't bad. that was the first time i've played the retail onslaught, so it was kind of a shock to the system =) the 230 server ping and random packet loss didn't help things though. >_<
[ed]
ons1.jpg

The end-pic of that game. Blue team got utterly crushed. I think it's cuz all my team-mates were drunk drivers. :D

Final_Vision said:
I had a really shitty game last night, still honing my death match skills. I'll be sure to get some more pics.

Damn I wanna stumble into a game with you guys! :p
yeah like tanith said, use teh buddy list. add some random people as your buddies from servers online (right click their nick>add buddy) and then when you're in winblows again, open your user.ini in the UT2004 system folder, and hit ctrl+f to find 'buddies'. at the appropriate bit, remove/add Buddies lines as necessary, but make sure you have one like this; ' Buddies==UM=* ' no quotes. Whenever you go into the ingame browser and hit the buddies tab, all severs with =UM= players will show-up there. =)

if you already knew that, it's cool. ;o)

xenophobe said:
Fucking awesome!!!! \m/
Yeah. =) Those were a good bunch of games, though exhausting. I don't know if anyone else has had this happen to them, but Thrax has been in Invasion servers with me where some people have asked what clan UM was and whether or not we were recruiting. So, we told them what the clan was about and left it at that. I've been in two other games where people have asked whether or not they could try to get into =UM=, but I had to leave them puzzling over the perquisite idea of the 'underground metal community'. Hehehe. It's pretty cool though, to see people asking about us. Has anyone else had offers/inquiries?

inv1.jpg

Interesting shot from earlier today. I was the last player getting chased around the map by more than ten warlords for minutes, lol. managed to bag five of the barstewards before they took me out!!

It's weird; I almost always place top in invasion. in fact, the only times I can remember not being at the top were a couple of my first games playing with Sunlapse, Thrax and Wyrenny/inti if i'm not mistaken. I don't even have to try to be on top......it's weird. I think it's because i'm gung-ho; I notice most people keep as much distance as possible between themselves and a group of attacking aliums, whereas I just jump straight in if it's open ground and i've got anything other than a lightning gun/sniper rifle.

Here's (what I feel is) a good tip in Invasion; about the 2nd and 3rd waves the Brutes start appearing. They're the big ape things with the pistol grip rocket launchers and they can do a LOT of damage in a short amount of time. If some spawn behind you, you can be dead within seconds if you're not vigilant. I notice most players keep their distance (naturally), but the best thing to do if you're armed with a flak cannon, linkgun or minigun or anything depending on your foolhardiness is to CHARGE straight at them, straight line, dead centre, firing all the way. Thing is, their arms are so wide that when they fire their rockets at you, they come in from the side at an angle, so if you charge straight at them you're basically protected in a firing blind-spot. If you run into them and haven't killed them, it's simple to run behind them and give yourself an extra second or so to finish them off. On medium sized maps this is an invaluable method of getting rid of them because if you're keeping your distance and those rapid fire rockets are blowing up on walls to the side and behind you, you get killed quicker than if you were to play dodgeball with a titan and had your legs in a cement block.

Suicidally gung-ho = :cool: :cool: :cool:

SculptedCold said:
I don't know if anyone else has had this happen to them, but Thrax has been in Invasion servers with me where some people have asked what clan UM was and whether or not we were recruiting. So, we told them what the clan was about and left it at that. I've been in two other games where people have asked whether or not they could try to get into =UM=, but I had to leave them puzzling over the perquisite idea of the 'underground metal community'. Hehehe. It's pretty cool though, to see people asking about us. Has anyone else had offers/inquiries?
It's because we rule so much, and people are trying to be as cool as us :cool:

I tried Invasion for the first time today and I got murdered lol. Pretty fun game though I have to admit, nice change of pace from all the fragging :).

Heres two ONS games I topped tonight. I was pretty solid tonight. Getting better everyday :).

Shot00021.jpg

That game pretty much involved me fighting off everyone at the node by our base and everyone else was pretty much dicking around. My team sucked :(

Shot00020.jpg

the real thrax said:
Oh shit that's embarrassing, I'm letting the clan down :oops: *needs an excuse* yeh I played terribly in that match. Really. Thrax will tell you I'm usually better than that :loco: ;)

Definately. One of my main weaknesses as a player is my hugely inconsistent game. Sometimes i'm on fire, and as often I can barely get a single frag. Just depends. It can also take me a long time to 'warm up' once a game starts; i'll often find myself unable to get any frags within the first couple minutes and fall behind early.

I'm highly inconsistent, but I tend to have the opposite problem. I'll start off getting quite a few kills/not dying often, then after a while something just switches and it all goes horribly wrong and I end up getting my arse kicked. =D Movement is another problem for me, I flip around all over the damn place when I should just be a bit more controlled...=p

Int said:
I'm highly inconsistent, but I tend to have the opposite problem. I'll start off getting quite a few kills/not dying often, then after a while something just switches and it all goes horribly wrong and I end up getting my arse kicked. =D Movement is another problem for me, I flip around all over the damn place when I should just be a bit more controlled...=p
Yeah, you have to know when to fuck dodging and just charge at someone in a straight line. It's so fearsome and arrogant that most people get freaked out and are paralyzed, enabling you to kill them.

I wish.

my thing with deathmatch (and i think Sculpted can recognize this) is that i will do pretty awesome for the majority of the match, usually in a constant fight for first..... but then the last few minutes, the most important, everything goes to hell.

Press F9 in a game to take a screenshot. You can then find the screen shot in the 'Screenshots' folder in the Unreal 2004 folder. Host the image you want, then to post it type [ img ]URL[/img ] without any spaces (URL=url of the pic)

SunlapseVertigo said:
my thing with deathmatch (and i think Sculpted can recognize this) is that i will do pretty awesome for the majority of the match, usually in a constant fight for first..... but then the last few minutes, the most important, everything goes to hell.
Really? No I didn't notice that actually. In all the games i've played with you, you've been very consistent in your fragging pace throughout the game, so far as i've noticed.

NeverDying said:
Ok thanks,
Which free host you guys recomend me ?
I was recently recommended photobucket.com, and it seems to be really great!

SculptedCold said:
Really? No I didn't notice that actually. In all the games i've played with you, you've been very consistent in your fragging pace throughout the game, so far as i've noticed.
the games ive played with you it always seems that were pretty close all the way through and then you'll pull ahead by about 15 points toward the end. ill go on these big long dying sprees too.

SunlapseVertigo said:
the games ive played with you it always seems that were pretty close all the way through and then you'll pull ahead by about 15 points toward the end. ill go on these big long dying sprees too.
Hmmm, yeah I suppose I noticed that a little bit. I tend to have a couple bad dying sprees about 2/3 of the way in and get really frustrated, but then I force myself to relax and finish with a good fragging session. =) Seems to happen in every single game. And especially in those damn 'endurance' deathmatches! argghhh!

SculptedCold said:

I was recently recommended photobucket.com, and it seems to be really great!
Thanks, I'll be trying it tonight

Well, these are two games I've played this morning

P.S. Thanks for photobucket, it's so easy, even I can use it

Shot00002.jpg

Shot00003.jpg