Post your Hauls!

Death Angel - "Killing Season"
Benedictum - "Seasons Of Tragedy"
The Tangent - "Not As Good As The Book"

The first time I listened to this I was not impressed, but after 5-6 listens I can say that it is a very very good album.

I already checked it up when I downloaded some weeks ago, so i knew what to expect. I must say that effectively the album is not astounding, but Benedictum is not an awsome band. Is just a very good band at what their doing and they have the nergy, the power, the heaviness and the musicianship to deliver good metal with old school tradition without sounding dated.

NP: Benedictum - 'Burn It Out'

Mastermind - "Brainstorm"
Mastermind - "Until Eternity"
Roine Stolt - "Hydrophonia"
Viron - "Ferrum Gravis"
Crystal Viper - "The Curse Of Crystal Viper"
Count Raven - "Messiah Of Confusion"

The stuff I've bought over the last month or so-

The Allman Brothers Band - Live at Fillmore East (Expanded) - Eat A Peach (Expanded) - Beginnings - Live at the Atlana International Pop Festival

Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock - Live at the Fillmore East - Are You Experienced? - Electric Ladyland

Grateful Dead - (pre-order) Winterland 73 - complete recordings

Iced Earth - Framing Armageddon

UFO - No Heavy Petting (remaster)

DVDs
Allman Brothers Live at the Beacon
Jimi Hendrix - Blue Wild Angel (Live at The Isle of White)
Jimi Hendrix - The complete Woodstock performance

Sentenced - Buried Alive DVD
Sentenced - Crimson reissue
Judas Priest - Painkiller (I had lost this CD when I moved :cry: )

Helloween - High Live CD & DVD set
Helloween - Live In 3 Continents DVD
Helloween - Gambling With The Devil

Can't wait for their concert here in May. I've never seen them, I'm so excited :D

In recent weeks:

Stone Ride (a great mix of AC/DC, 70s Aerosmith, and Black Crowes)

Black Crowes (their new release, which is fantastic!)

Hardcore Superstar (a great mix of 70s hard rock, 80s hard rock, and 90s modern rock styles....imagine a Motley Crue/Faster Pussycat hybrid)

North Mississippi Allstars - Hernando (great 'meat & potatoes' blues rock)

Robin Trower & Jack Bruce - Seven Moons (sounds exactly like what you'd expect: classic Cream with vintage 70s Trower...excellent release!)

Glyder - Playground (another excellent release by this generation's Thin Lizzy)

Ayreon - OK, but not as solid as his other records

Gov't Mule - Live with a Little Help from Our Friends (this band's live recording are light years better than their studio counterparts....blistering heavy blues rock with a healthy dose of Allman Bros southern jammin')

Govt Mule - Dose

Voodoo Six - heavy, filthy hard rock in the vein of 70s Aerosmith mixed with Skid Row....among the best new bands on the scence

Yardbirds - Live at BB King's (fantastic recent live release....the classic songs sound so much heavier here)

Joe Satriani – “Professor Snatchfunkilus And The Musterion Of Rock”

Gov't Mule - The Deep End, Vol 1

Dirty Sweet - Of Beggars (imagine the Black Crowes with more balls)

Pig Iron - The Paths Of Glory (Motorhead/Allmans hybrid...just filthy!)

The Blackwater Fever - EP (straight up heavy, modern blues rock. This is what the Black Keys WANT to sound like but are too afraid to!)

Devon Allman's Honeytribe - Torch (excellent blues rock)

lillian axe - love & war(spc. edition)
lizzy borden - menace to society
black sabbath - seventh star
george lynch - guitar slinger(cool covers w/ "all" stars)
michael schenker - guitar master(same as lynch)
forcefield - 3 to oz(feat. graham bonnet)
metal church - the dark

From KIT and elsewhere:

Abstrakt Algebra - s/t
Candlemass - Dactylis Glomerata (+Abstrakt Algebra II)
Icarus Witch - Songs For The Lost
Dawnrider - Fate Is Calling (Pt.1)
Chris Caffery - Pind And Needles
Winters Bane - Redivivus

From KIT and elsewhere:

Abstrakt Algebra - s/t
Candlemass - Dactylis Glomerata (+Abstrakt Algebra II)

MOST EXCELLENT!

I acquired that version of DG not so long ago just for the AA lost album.

Icarus Witch - Songs For The Lost

Not a bad album but nothing astounding either.

Whitesnake - "Lovehunter": comes with 4 bonus tracks from a Radio 1 session. Three songs from "Trouble" (which I already own) and Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City

Whitesnake - "Slide It In": this is the USA version that credits Mel Galley and John Sykes on guitar. Read this is interesting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slide_It_In

Firewind - "The Premonition": well they gained points with me because the awful cover of 'Maniac' is a bonus track, so the album can be accounted for without it.

Not a bad album but nothing astounding either.

I feel it's stronger than Capture The Magic and has some really cool guitarwork and epic passages. Queen of Lies, Afterlife and House of Usher really stood out for me and the fast opener works tremendously. They're going in the right direction and I think we haven't heard the best from these guys yet. Right now I'd rate SftL 3/5, good stuff.

Nazareth - "The Newz" brand new 2008 album, their first in 10 years since the dissapointing "Boogaloo".

Also the first with their new drummer (after the sad demise of Darrel Sweet)Lee Agnew son of Pete the bass player.

The last song 'Dying Breed' gives a 13:22 mark, but it's actually shorter with a hidden track that starts at 9:00 and I don't have a clue what that is, it's not Nazareth, sounds like a weird ambiental stuff :zombie: