Post your Hauls!

It's not awful, but I think it was certainly preceded and followed by far superior albums. Also Ram it Down and possibly Rocka Rolla (excluding the latest couple of releases) are the only albums I might consider rating lower so I think Point of Entry has earned its place as Judas Priest's disgrace :)

I'm currently on afternoons (which means for 2 weeks you have no life from Mon-Friday) so I went a little crazy on ebay over the weekend:

Armored Saint - Symbol of Salvation (original - God, I love this album!)
Rough Cutt - Wants You / S/T Double Album
Dream Evil - Evilized
Primal Fear - Black Sun (best album priest never made)
Lost Horizon - Awakening the World
Avian - From the Depths of Time (Remaster)
Halford - Crucible
Fates Warning - Still Live (2 CD Live album)
October 31 - Live

Pending the winning bid:
Tony Mills - Vital Designs (A likely candidate for top 2008)
Mystic Prophecy - Regressus
Siam - Language of Menace (Original)

Battleroar - To Death And Beyond...
In a word: epic! The 8min+ tracks especially rock my world. The singer's improved a lot from what little I've heard of their previous albums.

Crescent Shield - The Last Of My Kind
Ok... thin production and no truly classic material but the basic ingredients are there. I guess there's a new one coming soon, they played a new song at KIT anyway.

Dantesco - Pagano
Bit of a blind purchase and I can't say I'm too thrilled about this one. Somewhat sloppy sounding doomy heavy metal.

Riot - The Privilege Of Power
That other Moore-era album and while it's no Thundersteel it's really good. Rather experimental stuff actually, I kinda hope the new album would continue from here stylistically.

Shaman - Immortal
Everyone in the band leaves except for the drummer and guess what? Nothing changes. :lol:
Not as good as Reason IMO but this is still a very good album and an incredible achievement considering the circumstances.

Battleroar - To Death And Beyond...
In a word: epic! The 8min+ tracks especially rock my world. The singer's improved a lot from what little I've heard of their previous albums.

:kickass:

And give Crescent Shield more listens, in my opinion is one of the best heavy metal albums of the decade.

The purchases I made today

Manifest - Find A New Place

Obscure US power metal band with one of my favorite singers: Bobby Hicks of Mystic-Force.

Final Answer - Visual Maze

A new project from Greece, that plays power metal the american way! Harry Conklin and Mike Soliz appear as special guests! Highly recommended.

Wallop - Metallic Alps

Another re-issue of a classic obscure heavy metal record. The band is from Germany.

Black Tide - "Light From Above"
Tyr - "Land"
Venom - "Resurection"

I am waiting a review for that when you are ready.

I should have review it when I download it first, I was lazy. Tyr is for me now on their fourth album an acquired taste. I like the fact they sing in Faroese and that their songs are true folk from the Scandinavian countries and Iceland. They have this time only three songs in English but is not as brilliant as "Eric The Red" (my favorite still) and not as epic as "Ragnarok", they even had a re-recording of 'Hail To The Hammer' from their debut "How Far From Asgaard". So it's not a spectacular album but is very enjoyable, and if you likethe previous Tyr efforts you'll like this one too IMO. Also I hadn't had the chance to listen to it deeply (too many downloads fro cheking, too many purchases, zero time), so maybe it will grow more on me on the next weeks.

Devil's Slingshot - "Clinophobia"
Jorn - "Lonely Are The Brave" (spc. ed.).

OK, I have to talk a bit about this one, also I believe Jorn is an acquired taste. This album is heavy, heavier than the previous one IMO. But it's pure Jorn and the cover of 'Stormbringer' (one of the bonus tracks) proves the guy is a true rocker. I love also the cover/backcover of the booklet is computer generated but the statue of Phil Lynott is on it, plus a statue of Elvis inside the booklet pics and Jon Viggo Lofstad shows with a Motorhead t-shirt on the band pic. What can be more cool that that? :kickass: True rock or die.

How is Captain Morgan's Revenge? I've been meaning to check out Alestorm before I go to Wacken but it just doesn't seem to happen.. should I make one final effort?

Just ordered:

Blackdeath - Bottomless Armageddon
Godless North - Summon the Age of Supremacy
Meshuggah - None
Ludichrist - Powertrip
Messiah - Underground
Saint Vitus - Live
Napalm Death - Death by Manipulation
Mark Knopfler - The Ragpicker's Dream

Maybe I should just focus on one style of music :loco:

How is Captain Morgan's Revenge? I've been meaning to check out Alestorm before I go to Wacken but it just doesn't seem to happen.. should I make one final effort?

See that's a grower. The first time I listened to it I nearly dismiss it as another Running Wild, but then after some listenings the album grew on me. It begun to remind me of early Skyclad, metal/folk and piracy and all coming from Scotland. Now the album is on my wishlist for my next haul.

My favorite songs so far are: Captain Morgan's Revenge, 'The Huntmaster', 'Nancy The Tavern Wench', and 'Wenches and Mead'. The lyrics are epic as can be for pirates, so maybe cheesy but works for me.

NP: Bliztkrieg - 'Pull The Trigger'

Ayreon - The Final Experiment Special Edition
Ayreon - Into The Electric Castle Special Edition
Presto Ballet - Peace Among The Ruins
Riot - Fire Down Under
Saga - Trust limited edition
Saga - Worlds Apart Revisited 2cd+2dvd
Threshold - Hypothetical
Threshold - Critical Energy dvd
Threshold - Subsurface limited edition

I ordered this batch from CDUniverse and even after postage and customs it was about 60€ cheaper compared to local prices. Obviously the US dollar ain't worth shit nowadays and CDs are traditionally cheaper over there anyway. Now I can spend that 60€ on even more CDs!:kickass:

I ordered this batch from CDUniverse and even after postage and customs it was about 60€ cheaper compared to local prices. Obviously the US dollar ain't worth shit nowadays and CDs are traditionally cheaper over there anyway. Now I can spend that 60€ on even more CDs!:kickass:

Yes I guess now for Europeans buying at CDUniverse worth the spent (even with high S&H). I have discover that lately for me Amazon delivers me better since S&H inisde USA is free (to my parcel service in Miami) and cheaper than ship it directly to my country with the risk of being "lost" :Smug: in the mail.

Great stuff you bought btw.