Post your Hauls!

Fozzy - Chasing the Grail
Dream Evil - In the Night
Lord - Ascendence
Lord - A Personal Journey
Taking Dawn - Time to Burn
(Awesome new Hard Rock! Reminds me a lot of Black Tide meets White Wizzard! Discovered this by pure accident at CJAM the other night).

Taking Dawn - Time to Burn (Awesome new Hard Rock! Reminds me a lot of Black Tide meets White Wizzard! Discovered this by pure accident at CJAM the other night).

Interesting you put it this way. I started with TD in MySpace before they got a contract of any sort and I thought the music was good. Finally when they released the album I found it's not rocking enough for my taste and definitively without the punch of Black Tide or White Wizzard, so I never bought the album and I delete them from my list :lol:

I'm expecting tho' the new WW album, but so far it's only an imported too pricey being released soon. I hope a this side of the Atlantic (they're on Earrache) cheaper version comes out, I definitively dig the songs on MySpace not from the EP.

Interesting you put it this way. I started with TD in MySpace before they got a contract of any sort and I thought the music was good. Finally when they released the album I found it's not rocking enough for my taste and definitively without the punch of Black Tide or White Wizzard, so I never bought the album and I delete them from my list :lol:

After a closer listen, it's still very good - especially since it was a rare find in CJAM. I suppose add the likes of say, I dunno, Shinedown to the mix. It's modern hard rock mixed with Dr. Feelgood and classic maiden thrown into the mix. At least that's how I hear it.

Many of the riffs are straight out of Maiden, some fantastic harmony solos, but it's clearly routed in hard rock, which is what about 1/2 of the Black Tide album is. 1/2 Hard Rock, 1/2 classic metal.

Amorphis - "My Kantele"
Amorphis - "Tuonela"
Dream Evil - "In The Night" (digibook version with bonus tracks and a patch)

The Amorphis CDs were a long overdue I owe myself, I like only the clean vocals era of the band and so far I only had "Am Universum" and "Far From The Sun", and some of the songs on the recent acquired ones are among my favorites ('The Brother Slayer', 'The Way', 'Divinity')

Vicious Rumors - "Vicious Rumors"
Charred Walls Of The Damned - "Charred Walls Of The Damned" (ltd. ed.)
Thin Lizzy - "Thunder & Lightning" (Wounded Bird issue to replace my damaged Vertigo CD)

It seems the old Mercury/Polygram, Vertigo CDs from the 80's were prone to got damaged by something that eats the aluminum layer creating a kind of worm path or holes in the CD (looking through the light). That means a lot of Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath, Rush and Rainbow albums, so I'm gonna buy them again even if some the deterioration doesn't seems to continue, better safe than sorry. So a lot of my hauls in the next months will be old music :D

Vicious Rumors - "Vicious Rumors"
Charred Walls Of The Damned - "Charred Walls Of The Damned" (ltd. ed.)
Thin Lizzy - "Thunder & Lightning" (Wounded Bird issue to replace my damaged Vertigo CD)

It seems the old Mercury/Polygram, Vertigo CDs from the 80's were prone to got damaged by something that eats the aluminum layer creating a kind of worm path or holes in the CD (looking through the light). That means a lot of Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath, Rush and Rainbow albums, so I'm gonna buy them again even if some the deterioration doesn't seems to continue, better safe than sorry. So a lot of my hauls in the next months will be old music :D

Just burn a copy of the disc.

If you already own a copy of the thing, just burn a copy of the disc itself and throw the flaking one out. I've done it with several discs. As much as I like owning the originals, many of them end up scratched or crap out after 30 years.

If you already own a copy of the thing, just burn a copy of the disc itself and throw the flaking one out.

I can't, is like ripping the flesh of my body, is like stabbing my mother, is like listening to Slayer...err , oops :p I'm a wacko collector, you know that :loco:

If anytime one of my Final Stage CDs gor damage I hope you have a copy store for sell :D

I can't, is like ripping the flesh of my body, is like stabbing my mother, is like listening to Slayer...err , oops :p I'm a wacko collector, you know that :loco:

If anytime one of my Final Stage CDs gor damage I hope you have a copy store for sell :D

I will happily sell replacement CDs. And replacement Mp3s. I should pull an Apple and put in DRM into the Mp3s we sell. Or better yet, have the files expire!

Icarus Witch - "Darw Down The Moon"
Black Sabbath - "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" (replacing old damaged CD)
Black Sabbath - "Sabotage" (replacing old damaged CD, this version is the WB one. It has the songs in the right order in the backlist and the booklet has the backcover artwork. My old version only had a leaflet with the front artwork, and the songs were listed in the wrong order and recorded differently.)

Phantom-X "This Is War"
Heathen - "The Evolution Of Chaos"
Rush - "A Farewell To Kings" (remaster, to replace my old damaged Mercury edition)
Killers - "Résistances"
Killers - "Cités Interdites"
Killers - "À L'ombre des Vautours"

The Killers albums took a month and a half from Greece but they made it! :hotjump:. Now I'm only need two more albums to have all their studi French discography.

White Wizzard - "Over The Top"
Black Sabbath - "Technical Ecstasy" (new copy to replace damaged one)

A major surprise! I really dig this CD!

I still like better the debut EP, but this is not bad.

BTW, I owe a big one for the Ossian recommendation, still hunting down three of their albums :D

I didn't know White Wizzard until this, but I was so hooked that I ordered immediately their debut EP!

And it's nice that you like Ossian. :D