Post your Hauls!

Pegazus – “In Metal We Trust”
Wolf – “Legions Of Bastards” (digi with 2 bonus tracks and a sticker)

So I've been on a real "old school" kick, so far, this summer, and it's lead me to the exploration of bands that, for reasons unknown, I've dismissed/ignored during my 25 years of metal fandom!

I just picked up the following:

Fastway (1983 self-titled debut)
Y&T - Best of '81-'85
King Kobra - King Kobra (2011, self-titled release)
Mr Big - What If (2011 reunion album)
UFO - No Place to Run
UFO - Wild, Willing, and Innocent
UFO - Mechanix

OK, I've been a UFO fan for about 5 years but have completelly ignored their 80s output (love both Schenker and Vinnie Moore eras) never really digging the samples I've heard. But this weekend, I sat down on Youtube and listened to most of these three albums. Needless to say, I LOVED what I heard. (Face it: anything with Mogg is gonna be good!)

Fastway - Not sure how I missed this one?!?! Love the 'meat & potatoes' feel of it. Simplicity married to volumes of energy? Sign me up. Great record that makes you want to drive really fast! LOL

Y&T - yes, this is only a "best of", but I figured it's a good starting point since it focuses on what's generally considered their 'golden era'. I dismissed them in the 80s due to summertime girls....a wretched fluff-fest that really left a bad impression in my mouth. But these earlier songs? Balls-to-the-wall, super-melodic, no frills stuff. Similar energy to Fastway.
I think I shall have to cave in and buy the 4 or 5 albums this collection was compiled from.

Finally, the new material from old school bands:

King Kobra - This disc is actually a 2011 release and it's a reunion of sorts. it doesn't feature the original vocalist but features none other than the great Paul Shortino (a man with a voice of the gods). I love the 1988 Quiet Riot (blues rock) album he sang on...his voice put that collection of blues-rock tracks over the edge (for the unfamiliar, it's nothing like the rest of QR's catalog). This record is friggin' awesome. Some cheesy lyrics in places, but musically it doesn't relent. And, again, godlike vocals! Highly recommended. Carmine Appice behind the kit, too.

Mr Big - I was a fan for about 20 minutes during their heyday. I loved their heavier stuff, but the balads weren't my thing. But this new album corrects that: it's probably the heaviest thing they've done! No kidding. yes, it features a balad or two, but they're not too sappy and dont detract from the awesome work put in by Sheehan and Gilbert (both are on fire here!). Another highly recommended disc!

Paradox - "Riot Squad"
Presto Ballet - "Invisible Places"

Falconer - "Armod"
Tyr - "The Lay Of Thrym"
Killers - "Mauvaises Graines"

Killers - "Fort Intérieur"

6 euros (S&H to Costa Rica included) straight from the band. Took a week to arrive, faster than anything bought in USA.

This completes my Killers studio (in French) collection :D

Alestorm - "Back Through Time"
Tony MacAlpine - "Tony MacAlpine"
Saxon - "Call To Arms"
LoNero - "J.F.L."

Ghost - "Ghost"
Spirits Of The Dead - "The Great God Pan"
Pharaoh - "Ten Years"

Shit, it seems I'm the only idiot still wasting money in CDs, even if I shouldn't with my actual income :confused:o_O:p

Vhäldemar - "Metal Of The World"
Beyond The Labyrinth - "Chapter III: Stories"

Basically you can find the cause of the stagnation of CD sales on three things:
1. Smart phones now play mp3s, and it seems everyone is getting one. Even when iPods were becoming common, people still bought CDs in fair numbers.
2. The resurgence of vinyl
3. The replacement of mp3s with lossless formats like FLAC and APE.

Even the argument that CDs still sound better than mp3s are dead because FLAC is now becoming a major format. With cheap external hard drives, people can now spare the space to have countless gigabytes of music.

2. The resurgence of vinyl

Still I would see people making hauls, isn't it?

As for FLAC I don't find the difference in my cheap speakers of the computer, and I just CAN'T have music on a HD, I need the physical product, not just bytes.

Piel de Serpiente - "El Veneno Se Extiende"
Piel de Serpiente - "Inevitable"
Meliah Rage - "Dead To The World"

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Best Of (Blues)
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
Megadeth - Rust in Peace

Anthrax - "Worship Music"
Dream Theater - "A Dramatic Turn Of Events"
Paradox - "Heresy"