Post your non-music hauls!

xjd5vAH.jpg

@RadicalThrasher is Ninja Zombie a student film or something? The director made it back in 1992 and then didn't do anything else until like the 2010's. Just curious.

Anyway some new shit, here's a photo of a big pile built up over the last week or so:

IMGP0081.JPG

@TechnicalBarbarity have you seen much Seagal or is that movie pack a big step into his filmography for you?

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
@RadicalThrasher is Ninja Zombie a student film or something? The director made it back in 1992 and then didn't do anything else until like the 2010's. Just curious.

I think it was just a dude with a video camera that decided to make a movie :tickled: Kind of like guerrilla filmmaking or something like Jim Van Bebber ( Deadbeat at Dawn). I only really know about as much as you do :lol: basically what it says on the back of the box. It was filmed in and around Chicago, thats what drew me to it at first.

It's getting pretty good reviews though:
http://mondo-digital.com/ninjazombie.html

http://dailygrindhouse.com/thewire/ninja-zombie/

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?7692-Ninja-Zombie-(AGFA)-DVD-Review

I'll probably check it out by the weekend, I'll report back.

Reactions: CiG

Anyway some new shit, here's a photo of a big pile built up over the last week or so:

View attachment 16428

@TechnicalBarbarity have you seen much Seagal or is that movie pack a big step into his filmography for you?
i've seen all of those. 80's and 90's action movies were huge when i was growing up. We used to joke around and "snap" each others necks like Seagal when we were kids :lol:

Seagal, Norris, Van Damme, Bronson, Stallone, etc were all my dad and his friends watched back in the days. Bruce Lee was/is his favorite though

I haven't seen any of The Hills Have Eyes movies though.

i've seen all of those. 80's and 90's action movies were huge when i was growing up. We used to joke around and "snap" each others necks like Seagal when we were kids :lol:

Seagal, Norris, Van Damme, Bronson, Stallone, etc were all my dad and his friends watched back in the days. Bruce Lee was/is his favorite though

I haven't seen any of The Hills Have Eyes movies though.

I figured you'd already be up on his shit but I just wanted to make sure, I was about to fangirl about the epic journey you were about to start with that pack haha. Above the Law is my absolute favourite by Seagal. You never know what blindspots people have, for example @Manic Ferocity loves action films but iirc he hasn't watched much JCVD (if any at all) so yeah you just never know.

For the longest time Chuck Norris was my action blindspot, I still haven't seen some of his most classic films. This is basically because I grew up on my dad's VHS collection and the main stars featured in his collection was Arnie first and foremost, then Seagal, JCVD, Kurt Russell, Wesley Snipes, Mel Gibson etc. I had to scrub up on some Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Stallone etc myself.

There are a bunch of Norris films that i haven't seen(or at least dont remember seeing), so i guess he'd be somewhat of a blindspot for me lol. That being said the last time i watched a bunch of these movies(including 4 out of 5 of those Seagals films) were at least 10-15 years ago. Tbh you and RadicalThrasher have made me kind of jump back in to the genre. :kickass:

You guys have also introduced me to a bunch of awesome b-list movies so i can even say you two have influenced my taste in films heh.

There are a bunch of Norris films that i haven't seen(or at least dont remember seeing), so i guess he'd be somewhat of a blindspot for me lol. That being said the last time i watched a bunch of these movies(including 4 out of 5 of those Seagals films) were at least 10-15 years ago. Tbh you and RadicalThrasher have made me kind of jump back in to the genre. :kickass:

You guys have also introduced me to a bunch of awesome b-list movies so i can even say you two have influenced my taste in films heh.

Fuck yeah let's get the action film circlejerk going in the GMD lmao. Chuck Norris has so many fucking films man, so that he's a bit of your blindspot isn't even really a surprise. I feel like I've seen so many of his and there's still so many more. Unlike most action stars he seems to have made good shit for longer, whereas JCVD and Dolph or especially Seagal went viciously downhill in the late 90's.

I think it was just a dude with a video camera that decided to make a movie :tickled: Kind of like guerrilla filmmaking or something like Jim Van Bebber ( Deadbeat at Dawn). I only really know about as much as you do :lol: basically what it says on the back of the box. It was filmed in and around Chicago, thats what drew me to it at first.

God damn it, I need Deadbeat at Dawn. Apparently it's out on blu ray in 11 days! Weird ass coincidence. I love guerilla films, I have a handycam and I do plan to make my own kind of trashy film someday, so I should probably check out Ninja Zombie regardless just to get some inspiration lmao.

Check this out, some info about Cyborg:

View attachment 16444

Cannon films was known for advertising stuff then changing it later, or trying to go a cheaper route.

Chuck Norris was slated to star in a sequel to Invasion U.S.A. called Night Hunter. Then they got Michael Dudikoff to play the part instead and it became sort of a prequel to Invasion U.S.A. and became Avenging Force. Dudikoff plays the same character Norris did in Invasion U.S.A.

avengingforce_alttitle.jpg

Norris was also going to play the lead in American Ninja, another role that went to Dudikoff.

cannon-variety-1984-chuck-norris-american-ninja.jpg

ChuckAmericanNinja.jpg

.....and that is some completely useles trivia :err:

The original Gone In 60 Seconds is a classic, beats the shit out of the Cage remake.. H.B. Halicki made some great car movies in the 70's and 80's

Reactions: CiG