Post your thoughts on these 2005 releases

Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung - awesome
Drudkh - The Swan Road - pretty good
Astrofaes - Those Whose Past Is Immortal - disappointing
Hate Forest - Sorrow - very disappointing

they're the ones i'm interested in really

Henrik Main said:
Hm, that's the complete opposite of what happened to me. I thought it was rather disappointing at first, considering how awesome their previous albums are. However, it grew on me A LOT, and I now consider it the finest album released in 2005 (thus far).
Maybe I should listen to it again, I got this album at the same time I got great albums like Morningrise, Stormblast and This Godless Endeavour, and these hooked me at the very first listen.

Henrik Main said:
Horna - Envaatnags Eflos Solf Esgantaavne
Hate Forest - Sorrow
Ingurgitating Oblivion - Voyage Towards Abhorrence
Blood Red Throne - Altered Genesis
Disgorge - Parallels Of Infinite Torture
Vile - The New Age Of Chaos

Haven't heard those.

Rated out of 5 :kickass:es

Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung :kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:
Drudkh - The Swan Road :kickass::kickass::kickass:
Astrofaes - Those Whose Past Is Immortal :kickass::kickass:
Cryptopsy - Once Was Not :kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

Haven't listened to any of these more than four or five times, and the first three not since way back in the spring/something.

Henrik Main said:
Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung

Awesomeness to the max. Great album. One of their best.

Drudkh - The Swan Road
Like others, I really think this one got a bad rep because everyone wanted AA II. THey didn't get it. They got something better. Solid album.

Hate Forest - Sorrow

Boooo!!!!! I'm guilty of wanting Battlefields II.

Henrik Main said:
Horna - Envaatnags Eflos Solf Esgantaavne

:yuk:

Henrik Main said:
Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung

Haven't heard it, but I do like them.

Henrik Main said:
Drudkh - The Swan Road

:cool: Not as good as AA, but oh well.

Henrik Main said:
Cryptopsy - Once Was Not

:headbang: I was surprised at how good this truly is.

Henrik Main said:
Blood Red Throne - Altered Genesis

All right. They can play, though their songs tend to be rather lifeless. Replay value is close to nil.

Henrik Main said:
Disgorge - Parallels Of Infinite Torture

:kickass: Excellent release for brutal death fans. Surprising that it was released by Crash Music Inc.

The Swan Road was so referred to as "not AA , kthxbye" that I did not give it a chance in the first place . I happen to spin it lately , but I can't pronounce myself yet .

The other releases I have not bothered with.

Lunar Aurora - Mond , you have to listen to (that or Zyklus or Elixir of Sorrow)

Horna's Envaatnags Eflos Solf Esgantaavne is the only one I've heard of those. I think it's really cool, sort of rockish black metal with awesome riffs and insane vocals. My only complaint so far would be that the two members thought it a good idea to include pictures of their flabby shirtless selves in the artwork :erk:

Horna - Envaatnags Eflos Solf Esgantaavne: Pretty much agree with what spaffe had to say about this release. I've read some reviews that called this album boring and bland, but I think it's a solid release.

Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung: Very good. I like their "new", more folky direction. "I Feel The Breath Of Ragnarok" is a masterpiece of epic proportions.

Drudkh - The Swan Road: I like this better than Autumn Aurora. They sounds more like Astrofaes now, but I don't think that's a bad thing at all. Good stuff.

Hate Forest - Sorrow: Evil, cold riffs. Intense DM growls. Surprisingly good, I never thought I'd like this one.

Ingurgitating Oblivion - Voyage Towards Abhorrence: Excellent new-skool brutal DM album. Recommended.

Cryptopsy - Once Was Not: A lot better than the DiSalvo albums, but obviously not as good as Blasphemy Made Flesh or None So Vile. Still, a nice return to form.

Blood Red Throne - Altered Genesis: Album of the year? It grows on me with every listen - that's really saying something, considering I've listened to it about 50 times (at least)

Disgorge - Parallels Of Infinite Torture: Technical, extremely brutal, riffgastic. Fantastic!

Vile - The New Age Of Chaos: Had to give it a lot of listens before it clicked. I really do appreciate this release now, though. They’ve implemented more black metal orientated riffs in their brutal DM. Good release.

Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung - interested in hearing this
Drudkh - The Swan Road - interested in hearing a decent rip of this
Astrofaes - Those Whose Past Is Immortal - interested in hearing this
Cryptopsy - Once Was Not - couldn't even malke it through 1 song
Blood Red Throne - Altered Genesis - like it

Zod

Henrik Main said:
Horna - Envaatnags Eflos Solf Esgantaavne: Pretty much agree with what spaffe had to say about this release. I've read some reviews that called this album boring and bland, but I think it's a solid release.

I'm greatly enjoying this album, it's fantastic!

From my avatar you could probably tell my opinions on Sorrow good album, it was the first hate forest i heard after only hearing battlefields so it was a big change and it's stuck with me.

as for Swan road, its a good release and like others it isnt an Autumn Aurura 2.0 so i was kinda disapointed, its growing on me though, although some of the levels are a bit all over the place.

ive heard "blood and fire ritual" havnt given it a good listen as of yet, i plan to buy Nietzcheism as soon as i can get it over here.

I found a distro that stocks most Hate forest vinyl its in the netherlands though shipping is a bitch to Australia :( im weighing up whether to get them or not.