post your top 10 of the 2010's

Kayo Dot I can be real up/down with, and only buy random releases since their third album. Adore the first one, the others I've heard are okay to meh.

Listening now, this is quite solid! It's like a pissed off early King Crimson thing of sorts. I'll have to secure a physical copy, as the prophecy insists.

Macabre Omen - Gods of War - At War
Eternal Champion - The Armor of Ire
Summoning- OMD
Black MagicSS- Spectral Esctasy
SubRosa- No Help For The Mighty Ones
6-10 TBD, have to see what I pissed money on in past 10 yrs.

Going to have to revisit SubRosa and Eternal Champion as potential subs for my offerings. It would be a grievous travesty if EC wasnt in this tourney. May sub out Ares Kingdom. Decisions, decisions...

I got an anti bm/dm tourney bias. More variety the better. Lower the irons, Up the Pink. SubRosa would definitely fit the bill. Is it SS or am I just a fanboy? Thats the question.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
1) Carcass - Surgical Steel
2) Winterfylleth - The Hallowing of Heirloom
3) Gloryhammer - Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards
4) Alestorm - No Grave But the Sea
5) Wilderun - Sleep at the Edge of the Earth
6) Vektor - Outer Isolation
7) Havok - Time is Up
8) Vader - Welcome to the Morbid Reich
9) Hell - Human Remains
10) Aborted - Global Flatline

1. Creeping - Order of Snakes
2. The House of Capricorn - In the Devil's Days
3. Exordium Mors - The Apotheosis of Death
4. Ulcerate - The Destroyers of All
5. Black Boned Angel - The End
6. Pentagram - Last Rites
7. Wax Chattels - Wax Chattels
8. Plastic Gods - Plastic Gods
9. Battle Beast - Unholy Savior
10. Monarch - Never Forever

Honourable mention: Eagle Twin - The Feather Tipped the Serpent's Scale

This is where my taste gets weirder. I've attended so many live shows and follow local bands so closely, but it's surprising even to me that my top 5 are all New Zealand bands. Originally I did this on another forum and had Monarch at #6 and Eagle Twin at #7, but I find them slightly less accessible now or something. Wax Chattels is the only recent non-metal band to compete with my favourite metal.

Nothing good was actually released in the last 20 years. Everything good was actually released in 1994 by dudes who lived in nordic forests and committed terrorism.

Nothing good was actually released in the last 20 years. Everything good was actually released in 1994 by dudes who lived in nordic forests and committed terrorism.
this but unironically