Powermetal without annoying vocals?

Jean-Pierre said:
lmao, and your custom title says "destroyer of false metal"./QUOTE]

Wtf are you talking about??? Nevermore is false metal??? What the hell have you been smoking? They showed more creativity than all death and black metal bands put together. Listen to all their albums and you should understand.

AsModEe Wtf are you talking about??? Nevermore is false metal??? What the hell have you been smoking? They showed more creativity than all death and black metal bands put together. Listen to all their albums and you should understand.[/QUOTE said:
Holy shit... AsModEe... we might actually get along. (And its not because I like Nevermore either)

well maybe, I never had something against you..... unless I don't remember but usually I have an excellent memory:p
I'm no Nevermore fanboy, but they are one of the very few bands that recreate themselves on every album and that always made music I enjoyed.

Grave Digger
The guy's voice is rough and has a slight growl to it. However, when multiple voices sing in harmony, it does sound kind of gay sometimes. Overall, the vocals aren't annoying though, and the riffs are pretty good.

I think it's more the fact that Nevermore, CoB and Kalmah were suggested in a power metal thread, and the fact that they're incredibly obvious bands and you'd have to be some kind of cave-dwelling hermit to have never heard them before.

Anyway, I recommend the fuck out of Grave Digger and Running Wild.

And why the hell is CoB considered power metal? I'm a I missing something here? Or did someone not read the instructions?

Maybe because its power metal.

WScythe, if that's the case, don't listen to any Metal outside of Black/Death, some thrash, and some other random stuff. Seriously.

Yeah, or then he likes power metal but the vocals are "in his way", and he would like to have something that has no crap-vocals ruining the music.

I don't know... he thought it was ironic that the other guy named those 3 bands while he had Destroyer of false metal under his nick...

Life Sucks said:
Grave Digger
The guy's voice is rough and has a slight growl to it. However, when multiple voices sing in harmony, it does sound kind of gay sometimes. Overall, the vocals aren't annoying though, and the riffs are pretty good.

Yo dude aren't Gravedigger more classic/speed metal than power

A good power metal band to check out is battlelore its epic/power metal with harsh vox they kick arse.

TheGrim69er said:
Yo dude aren't Gravedigger more classic/speed metal than power

A good power metal band to check out is battlelore its epic/power metal with harsh vox they kick arse.
I think Gravedigger are very much a power metal band. Perhaps their 80s stuff is more speed/trad, but albums such as Rheingold and Excalibur are very much power metal IMO. The distinction between power metal and speed metal is often very blurry anyways.

In terms of power metal with harsh/non-clean vocals, Bal-Sagoth, Skyfire, Brimstone, and Stormlord may be worth checking out. Not exactly my cup of tea, but may be what you are looking for.

Jean-Pierre said:
Both Battlelore and Evergrey completely suck.

I don't know about Battlelore but Evergrey is decent imo. I hate powermetal anyways.

welkin97 said:
I don't know about Battlelore but Evergrey is decent imo. I hate powermetal anyways.

Well I don't. But I hate evergrey, and they sound cheesier than any Power Metal band, including fantasy cock rock rejects from Italy and Finland.

Jean-Pierre said:
Well I don't. But I hate evergrey, and they sound cheesier than any Power Metal band, including fantasy cock rock rejects from Italy and Finland.

okay.

Jean-Pierre said:

Evergrey may be cheesy at times, but they do play some good music. The Inner Circle was really an amazing album imo.

Jean-Pierre said:
Both Battlelore and Evergrey completely suck.

Dude I can understand why you don't like evergrey, but battlelore imho they are one of the best bands out at the moment, so why don't you like them.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Congratulations, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Manticora

Well, count me in as a person who has no idea what they are talking about. Power Metal vocals are embarrassingly bad. Just an opinion, mind you, but the bottom line is, if I can understand more than 10% of what a singer is "singing", it sucks.