Powermetal without annoying vocals?

stefan86 said:
haha the only one who competes with Friden in the bad-clean-vocs apartment is his inspiration Jonathan Davids ^^

Dani Filth is the worst. ever.

Gory Elephant said:
Well, count me in as a person who has no idea what they are talking about. Power Metal vocals are embarrassingly bad. Just an opinion, mind you, but the bottom line is, if I can understand more than 10% of what a singer is "singing", it sucks.
Wow, so you would rather not understand a thing?

Gory Elephant said:
Well, count me in as a person who has no idea what they are talking about. Power Metal vocals are embarrassingly bad. Just an opinion, mind you, but the bottom line is, if I can understand more than 10% of what a singer is "singing", it sucks.

what an amazing way of analyzing how good a singer is.

TheGrim69er said:
Dude I can understand why you don't like evergrey, but battlelore imho they are one of the best bands out at the moment, so why don't you like them.

Battlelore are horrible, and one of the main things that alienates people from power metal. They are the "Cradle Of Filth" of Power Metal. Not only is the music annoyingly repetitive with horrible balless vocals (from both vocalists), their albums sound like they were produced by some techno-dick.

Gory Elephant said:
Congratulations, I think you're in the running for the "Worst Taste Ever" award.

Jean-Pierre said:
Battlelore are horrible, and one of the main things that alienates people from power metal. They are the "Cradle Of Filth" of Power Metal. Not only is the music annoyingly repetitive with horrible balless vocals (from both vocalists), their albums sound like they were produced by some techno-dick.
Do we actually want to know what you think? :err:

AsModEe said:
Do we actually want to know what you think? :err:

Wow, way to be a complete shithead. It's called an opinion you dick, and Battlelore's production definitely does sound like techno. Do you possess ears?

Jean-Pierre said:

Fair enough each to his own I guess, me I like them, but if you don't I couldn't give a fuck, its just better to get a reason than just some stupid they suck answer.

TheGrim69er said:
Fair enough each to his own I guess, me I like them, but if you don't I couldn't give a fuck, its just better to get a reason than just some stupid they suck answer.

Amen, brother.

AsModEe said:
Jean-Pierre said:
lmao, and your custom title says "destroyer of false metal"./QUOTE]

Wtf are you talking about??? Nevermore is false metal??? What the hell have you been smoking? They showed more creativity than all death and black metal bands put together. Listen to all their albums and you should understand.

Hmm, I think not. For some strange reason, I feel that Demilich's "Nespithe" and Gorguts' "Obscura" are somewhat more creative. There might be another one or two that are worthy of being ranked near Nevermore's sparkling discography. :rolleyes:

Giles said:
ManOWar?
Iron Saviour?

Iron Savior is a pretty good reccomendation, Piet Sielck has a lower pitched voice.

I think a lot of the members of this board don't like Manowar because of their image and a handful of ballads. I've seen BM bands that are 5000X cheesier, but oh well.

Pyrus said:
I think they're just bitter because Joey DeMaio pillaged their fridges and turned their girlfriends into his pleasure slaves.
Probably. Either that or they hate him for being untr00 and hanging out with Rhapsody. All that aside, Eric Adams is one of the greatest vocalists, not only in Heavy Metal, but EVER. The amount of work and dedication he's put into his singing and making it better and more versatile throughout his whole career is amazing.