Presenting: 'Blackwater Park'. The... park.

The Deathrace King

Necrobestiophile
Jul 19, 2002
The Left Hand Path
www.livejournal.com
This is going to sound lame as Hell, but I've been extremely bored the past few weeks...

For those of you who have played the game 'RollerCoaster Tycoon' for the PC, I've started work on a 'concept' park based around Opeth.

It's taking a lot of work, and I probably won't be done until later this year, but I have a few screenshots up at the site listed below.

Thoughts...? BESIDES that I have too much fucking time on my hands, that is. :p

Blackwater Park Gallery

That's.. something.

I can't call it lame because I'm personally thinking about making a Neverwinter Nights module based on Still Life. I probably never will, but the idea makes me too far gone and I must welcome what you've done here.

Ah, the glory of summer. Very nice job by the way, I can't see any sort of connection between the songs and the parks, but its the effor that counts! hehe

That's pretty funny. I love Black Rose Immortal, but couldn't you make the ride 20 mins long? :D

Nice work! I love RCT, although I don't play it much anymore since I have better things (i.e. Warcraft III) to keep me entertained. My parks never did that well because I usually just tried to make my rides as nauseating as possible, and I rarely hired the janitor dudes to clean up all the barf; my goal was to have the entire park covered in spew. The closest I ever got was "Barf Island," which was a pretty big island in the middle of my park that had a ride with a nausea factor of like 20. My other favourite park was "Suicide Land," which consisted of nothing but those rollercoasters that launch themselves and those towers that launch upwards. I always just made the track an incline that shot the cars into oblivion, and the towers were always too short so the people would fly off to their doom :D

"Very nice job by the way, I can't see any sort of connection between the songs and the parks, but its the effor that counts!"

Well, its not supposed to be an exact representation of the music... heh. I was going to start work on a new park, and decided to have it themed around Opeth's various albums.

Well, 'The Apostle in Triumph' is in a church-like structure in the midway of the park (which has various places named after 'Orchid' songs), and I'm starting work on a 'Morningrise' area, but all that's done are some landscaping (a decent sized mountain range in the back), and 'Black Rose Immortal.' I know the stats don't speak for themselves, really, but the length of the ride is fairly massive. :p

Originally posted by Hondo
That's.. something.

I can't call it lame because I'm personally thinking about making a Neverwinter Nights module based on Still Life. I probably never will, but the idea makes me too far gone and I must welcome what you've done here.

Hondo, you play Neverwinter Nights? If you ever get the Still Life idea off the ground and want some help, I'd love to give some input.

Yes, they're having a music festival in a couple months it seems. Let's get Opeth billed on there.