President 2008

Well. There a lot of old white men that vote for the old white men.

Hillary would be a disaster. I don't really think Obama is ready to be president either. Edwards would probably do better than either.

On the other side, McCain would be a great candidate if he hadn't sold out to the right wing base. He's a lost cause now. Giuliani only can go off of his 9/11 performance, and even Bush had very high approval of how he handled that situation. It really has no bearing on how he will do as president.

I don't think my life will change the slightest bit regardless of who's president anyway.

After further thought:

The past 20 years have been Bush, Clinton and Bush. I don't want another 4 (and possibly 8) of Clinton.

I want someone else in charge.

Hillary is the prime example of political floundering for one. Hell, half the time she forgets to realize it was her husband, not her, running the fucking nation in the not too distant past. Not to mention she just loves playing the ambiguity game in speeches, and states that she is attached to issues when in reality she is just riding on words with no inherent meaning behind them. She is a typical politician....nothing more.

Obama seems a bit young, but at least he is honest. Plus, he reminds me of Baraka from Mortal Kombat which gives him a +10 automatically.

Cain.....:shakeshead:

http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/2007/06/republican_clus.html
http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/2007/06/scopes_two.html
http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/2007/06/clusterfuck_200_2.html
http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/2007/06/healthcare.html
http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/2007/06/gays_in_the_mil.html
Onegoodmove is a pretty cool site - remember though, it has a slant (just like everything else). Plus this site has loads of good videos...Bill Maher ftw :kickass:

She also wanted a flagburning amendment. What a waste of time. She refuses to tackle any real issues. She's the same pussified do-nothing that the rest of the democrats are. Not to mention that she's terribly out of touch with real people's lives by having lived in a governer's mansion or the white house for much of the past two decades.

Anyone who legitimately thinks that video games are problematic needs to not be in a position of power in this country.

It's all fucking political pandering in order to appeal to the conservative base, every single candidate has done, and will do, similar things, and it's only going to get worse as the trend of beginning campaigns earlier and earlier persists. Once the primaries are over and the two main candidates are established, you will see a dramatic shift in the candidates's stances on many issues. Happens every campaign. If Clinton was elected president, I highly doubt she would give a fuck about video games or flags.

I've been saying for years that we should find a way to clone TR and just make him the president forever. Yup, then it would just be smoooooth sailing, and if anyone looked at us cockeyed, we'd just knock the shit out of them.

Hilary will be the frontrunner for the Dems and since Americans won't be ready for a woman President some Republican will win.
Doesn't matter who wins.
Country is going to Hell in a handbasket anyway.
Buncha corporate pig-dogs run everything.

I'm not sure how good his chances are, but I hope Edwards wins the election. I'll be old enough to vote by the election, and I'm registering as a Democrat.

I don't consider myself sexist, but I am not sure we want a woman to be the most powerful man in the world. Men and women are different, and women are more emotional. I can't imagine the pressure on an American president in tough times, which we seem destined for, and I just question how a woman will handle it. I think women can do all kinds of things well, including most things guys do. I also think there are things women can do that men would not be entirely suited for. Men and women are different, and that is not a sexist comment.

On the other hand I wouldn't hesitate to vote for a black man that I felt represented the best choice to lead the US.

ack

the only choice:

n2209944331_26387.jpg

Rudy hasn't done a damn thing in his life except that he happened to have been Mayor during 9/11. His record is shit, and even New Yorkers believe that Bloomberg is and was a better mayor AND they believe that Bloomberg would make a better president. Just make him president of 9/11 so he'll shut up.
Yes. Rudy is nothing besides 9/11.

I don't consider myself sexist, but I am not sure we want a woman to be the most powerful man in the world. Men and women are different, and women are more emotional. I can't imagine the pressure on an American president in tough times, which we seem destined for, and I just question how a woman will handle it. I think women can do all kinds of things well, including most things guys do. I also think there are things women can do that men would not be entirely suited for. Men and women are different, and that is not a sexist comment.

On the other hand I wouldn't hesitate to vote for a black man that I felt represented the best choice to lead the US.

ack
I'd rather have a intelligent woman than a moronic man any day.

Once again I think Necuratul is correct on the political issues. You have to take everything a politician does and says cynically. Hillary, even with all her faults, I think is the best candidate who has a chance. She is intelligent and strong. I wouldn't mind Obama or Ron Paul though. The three people I do not want to see are Rudy, because he is a terrible leader who happened to gain fame, the Law & Order guy, and Mitt Romney, who callously used Massachusetts. He takes changing his views in order to win to the extreme. He pretended to be liberal enough to get elected here, and now is pretending to be conservative enough to get elected president.